Consumer Reviews of Quadra-Fire pellet stoves

#11  of 16 brands of pellet stoves

Read more about Quadra-Fire pellet stoves

Read reviews of other Pellet Stove brands

Date created: 2016-11-07 Name: EM
Location: Reading, PA

"Warms little area"
I moved into a 1960's home bi-level and have lived here for a year and one-half. The place came with the older about 1990's pellet stove. We had it inspected and cleaned along with a few new parts for about $200 which was a bit overpriced since I could probably do everything the person did to clean the stove myself. The parts he said would need to be replaced some time soon were very expensive, almost $500 for a new firepot. The door would be near that price too if it went bad. It was as expensive as a new car to fix. The stove needs to be cleaned about every week on cold days and every couple of days on very cold days. It is a dirty job, and sometimes if you don't scrub the pot enough then too many pellets come out and don't start the fire up easily. It has big puffs of smoke until you thoroughly clean the fire pot well. Sometimes, the pellets don't shoot into the pot and you have to adjust the inside pieces to make sure you don't have the fire not starting. The unit only heats my living room and doesn't spread heat to the bedrooms in the back rooms just down the hall. It doesn't seem very efficient as I get a huge electric bill as well each month for using the electricity to power the pellet stove. It may cost less than pure electric, but I'm not quite sure as I had to pay the cost of pellets and electricity. I am considering putting propane instead in the upstairs to see if that would heat the whole upstairs and not use up so much electricity and money. I wouldn't necessarily recommend, but probably would recommend propane instead which seems cleaner and less work and more affordable. Getting the pellets home from the store is cumbersome as well.

Date created: 2016-11-03 Name: JG
Location: Hebron, Maine

"Quadra-Fire Keeps Us Warm and Saves Us Money During Cold Maine Winters"
We have owned our Quadra-Fire Castile pellet stove since 2012 and love it! We were looking for a pellet stove to help heat our cape during the cold Maine winters, and this was a great choice. The Quadra-Fire does an excellent job keeping us warm, enabling us to cut back on our use of oil. This resulted in significant savings. I like the look of the stove as well. It's very stylish! Being able to see the flames through the glass front gives our home a cozy feeling, too. We have had only one small issue in the 4 years that we have owned the Quadra-Fire. This past year, the ash dump control rod became difficult to maneuver and would sometimes become temporarily stuck in the open position when we cleaned the stove. During our annual cleaning, I mentioned this and the men were able to fix the problem easily by digging out a small chunk of burned pellets that had become lodged in the assembly. They assured me this is common and easy to fix myself should it ever happen again. Now that I know how, I'm sure I could fix the problem, too. My only complaint is the sound of the blower which is a little loud, but that seems to be an issue unique to pellet stoves in general. I would absolutely recommend this brand to a friend and I would certainly buy it again.