Consumer Reviews of Quadra-Fire pellet stoves

#11  of 16 brands of pellet stoves

Read more about Quadra-Fire pellet stoves

Read reviews of other Pellet Stove brands

Date created: 2019-01-01 Name: Lora Wagner
Location: Lapeer, Mi

"Disappoinment"
This is our 5th year of this unit and every year we have issues. We paid over $7000 and if itís not the ash plate not closing itís the thermostat indicating some type of error. Should have listened to my daughter when she worked at tsc of customers always complaining about them. Now trying to figure out what I can put in its place as we have stoned and built shelves around it. Extremely disappointed!!!

Date created: 2018-11-24 Name: J Nartker
Location: Anna

The stove heats the house great, when it works, the unit has been nothing but problems starting with the igniter going out, the thermostat did not work properly from the start and the thermal couple burns up about every two years. The parts are extremely expensive in labor is just the same. Quadra-fire will not back there Product, as far as Iím concerned the company builds her stuff to last one year add a poor quality, with no customer service.
Date created: 2018-11-11 Name: Randy barber
Location: Indiana, PA

"Great stove"
Iíve had my stove for at least 7 years and it still has never broke down. It heats great. Thermostat has never been a problem. I get the chimney cleaned and stove cleaned every year. Awesome unit.
Date created: 2018-02-19 Name: J. Beatty
Location: CT

"Quadra Fire caught fire"
We've had our Quadra Fire almost 4 years. We keep it clean and serviced. The last service call we had was November 29, 2017. We suffered an electrical fire with the unit last week. I no longer trust this brand.
Date created: 2018-02-08 Name: Teresa Stacy
Location: West Virginia

"Beautiful Expensive Mistake!"
We paid nearly $6000 for our pellet stove insert, and once again it's not working! I really can't pinpoint if the thermostat is more of the problem, or the stove itself. Because if it isn't an error message on the thermostat, keeping the stove from properly working, it's something going out on the stove. I expected given the top of the line pricing, that we would get top of the line service, sadly we haven't. I'm trying to figure out a way to get rid of this $6000 headache and replace it with something that actually works!
Date created: 2018-01-07 Name: George Gonsolez
Location: Missouri

"Quadra-fire problems"
Our quadra-fire stove has been nothing but problems since we've had it. Constantly replacing parts, can't get any service. Haven't had the stove running at all this year because of auger jammed error messages. Replaced numerous parts and it still doesn't work
Date created: 2017-11-14 Name: Ruth Savino
Location: Virginia

"Inefficient Heating System"
The unit is temperamental. The termostat doesnít keep it operating through the night. The maintenance is labor intensive. I have trouble getting the pieces back in place after having to take it a part as directed. And the heat is not steady or consistent. Given that I have to refill it continually with 40 lb bags of pellets, the manual labor required generates the most heat! The cost to pay a technician to thoroughly check and maintain the unit annually makes this heat source very expensive & inefficient.
Date created: 2017-11-09 Name: Raymond O'Driscoll
Location: Colton, OR

"Noisy, very noisy!"
This beast sounds like a 747 on take off. In average living room, have to yell to be heard over the din. Salesman said this model (ultra fire castile) was extremely quiet. Not so definitely not quiet.
Date created: 2017-03-13 Name: em
Location: Reading, PA

"scary at times"
The unit is from about 20 years ago. It is hitting its maximum. I wish it would have lasted longer. Parts are starting to rust and now cost more to replace than a new stove. It smokes heavily if it doesn't feed correctly. You have to make sure that you line up the inside parts correctly from the chute. You have to be careful when you clean it to make sure all the parts are back in place or you get a smoky mess in the house and outside. If you don't clean the ashes in two days, you get heavy smoke outside because the fire doesn't light. It warms our living room well, but doesn't heat anything else on that floor so we still have to use lots of other heat sources in the house. It costs about $5 a day to run, plus we have to pay for electric in the bedrooms and propane downstairs in a 2400 square foot house.
Date created: 2017-01-10 Name: Rob S
Location: Nashua, NH

"Quadrafire Pellet Stove Insert"
I have owned my 1200i for 4 years. Prior to that I owned a Quadrafire 1100i. I like the pellet stove inserts because they fit in an existing fireplace and take up less room than a free standing stove. My pellet stove is quiet which I really like. You can hear the fan but it is not loud to the point where you can't hear the television or people speaking. THe stove is really good with whatever pellet brand I put into it. It burns everything well and has no problems starting with whatever pellet is in the stove. The igniter works really well. As I stated above I have burnt many brands of pellets and have never had a problem with starting. The only thing I do not like about the stove is the size of the hopper. The 1200i has a 40 pound hopper which lets me put one bag of pellets in at a time. I wish the hopper was bigger so that I could load it up for two or three days worth of burning. I have had to repair the stove once since I have owned it. The first season I ran it the auger went bad and needed to be replaced. I bought the part at the local dealer and did the repair myself. Replacing the auger was pretty easy. I removed four screws on the auger cover plate and then another 2-3 screws to remove the auger. This is my second Quadrafire stove and I would definitely recommend this stove to my friends and family.