Consumer Reviews of Pleasant Hearth pellet stoves

Read reviews of other Pellet Stove brands

Date created: 2018-02-02 Name: DEBRA SUTTON
Location: Michigan

"Bad stove"
Had 3 dials 2 heat probes all in 2 months replaced just broke again bran new.

Date created: 2017-02-04 Name: AL
Location: Lakeland, FL

"I love my peelet stove!!!"
I have owned this pellet stove for about three months. I got it at Home Depot. I especially love the auto-ignition feature. So far, so good with no repairs or issues. My dad recommended this one to me, as he has the same one. Since he lives in the Mid-West where temperatures get very cold, I figured I could trust his judgement. Home Depot offers a warranty with the purchase, so I felt secure with buying it too. I'm so glad I did, and I would recommend it to any friend or family member who's looking for one. I live in central Florida, and this is all I need to heat my entire home during the Winter nights. Sometimes it's overkill actually, but I like it. I also like how it adds a feeling of relaxation to the atmosphere, which electric heaters do not do. It looks great.

Date created: 2017-01-22 Name: GT
Location: Flagstaff, AZ

"Better then a Fire Place"
We actually bought and installed the stove spring of 2014 after the burn season. Started using it in October of 2014 and have loved it ever since. I clean it regularly (weekly for the most part and monthly for some of the other areas) and my home is nice and toasty. We're remodeling and making a lot of repairs so the house right now is drafty but it's still warm even in Michigan winter. My only issue is the noise that started after the most recent monthly cleaning. I'm reading on here that a rubber bushing is probably giving out... I've already emailed the company but I may call them anyway. I still love the stove and would tell anyone to get one... but make sure you get extra bits so you have them on hand. The parts are easy to get because another great feature is that it is made in the USA so its easy to replace what ever is needed. Install and enjoy a nice toasty winter even in the most bitter weather imaginable.

Date created: 2017-01-03 Name: ag
Location: Cumberland, RI

"Good, efficient and well worth the money"
We have owned our pellet stove for about a year and it is great. It ventilates perfect, heats quickly and efficiently in comparison to oil. The gentlemen who came to help install the unit and explain some troubleshooting inquiries were great. Since we have installed it we have not had to make any repairs, besides the basic cleaning and optional cleaning supplies that can be purchased. I would absolutely buy the brand again and actually will be for our second home in Maine and yes we have recommended the same brand for two families who have purchased the same one. LOVE IT!

Date created: 2016-12-14 Name: HC
Location: Davenport, IA

"Good size, easy to clean, works well for the cost"
We bought our pellet stove just over a year ago, we were looking for a space heater that was eco-friendly and wouldn't run up our electric bill. After deciding that a pellet stove was the right choice, we researched to find something in our budget that still worked well. Pleasant Hearth had several options that were in our price range that had good reviews, so we went with the one that fit us best. The model we chose is the perfect size for our 1-bedroom house, it is the exact thing we were looking for to keep our living areas warm all winter without driving up our energy bill. It is quite a bit of maintenance, because we got a less-expensive version, we have to clean it often but it is VERY easy to clean, the ash box is just a quick vacuum once every two weeks or so. It is a bit louder than we'd like, but we're still able to have a conversation at a confortable level around it. All in all, it was a good deal for the price.

Date created: 2016-12-03 Name: CO
Location: Chicago, IL

"PH35PSL Review"
I have owned this unit for 3 years. The unit is very easy to use, as long as you remember to leave the door cracked a bit until the body heats up enough to draw air and don't mind using a pail and shovel (or a vacuum) to scoop the ashes out; the ash pan doesn't work well at all. A single knob adjustment lets you control the temperature set point. The built-in blower moves heat around the room pretty decently, and the hopper only has to be refilled once a day. You may need to refill it during the day when temperatures are low but, as long as the weather is mild, this stove provides up to six or eight hours of low-maintenance heat and reignites easily once it's been off. I love the big, glass front that lets you watch the fire burning; an air wash helps keep the glass clean for good viewing. I have never had to replace or repair the unit. I would definitely purchase this brand again.

Date created: 2016-11-28 Name: AW
Location: Detroit, Michigan

"The best working stove ever."
My pellet stove works wonders and it heats my house up with ease in the cold winters. I've had my stove for 2 years and I really like the sleek design and how well it works. The only thing I did not like about this stove was trying to figure out how it worked when I first purchased it. After I figured that out, I was very happy and pleased with this stove. I never had to repair it and it never stopped working on me yet. I would definitely recommend this stove for anyone to purchase because it is well worth it and it was a very good purchase decision for me. I hope this stove lasts a long time and saves me from many cold winters yet to come. This stove is a good buy for any family looking for warmth this winter season.

Date created: 2016-11-10 Name: rn
Location: portland, or

"great stove"
Replaced old Earth pellet stove. Stove runs much quieter than old stove. Fits nicely on hearth. Easy to use. Love the thermostat. Set to a temp and leave it. Will turn on as needed. Start up and turn off as per thermostat. Hopper holds ALOT of pellets. Stove uses much less pellets than old stove. 2 1/2 days. Used 1/2 bag of pellets. 50'5 and 60's day time temps. Cost was fabulous, husband and brother installed without any difficulty. Price, great. Ease of install and use, great. Noise level, great. Amount of heat output, great.

Date created: 2016-11-08 Name: DHR
Location: Houston, TX

"Love My New Pellet Stove"
I've had this unit for about a month now and I LOVE it! It's compact, easy to use, and keeps the place nice and warm! My wife gets cold very easily and it is difficult to find a temperature that is pleasant for the both of us. Since purchasing this unit, we haven't had an issue and it's wonderful! She likes to wrap up in a blanket, get next to it, and read her books. The only thing I'm sad about is the fact that we did not get this sooner! I've already told all my family and friends about it and they all seem interested in buying one too! If I had to do this all over again, I would absolutely not even think twice about getting this unit again. I love it, my wife loves it, and our dogs love it! It's really a quality product and I don't know how we went without it before!

Date created: 2016-11-07 Name: CJD
Location: Charlottesville, VA

"Pleasant Hearth PH35PSL"
After owning this stove for the past two heating seasons I can say that I am really impressed by it's output. I really like not having to cut, split, and season wood anymore for heating my home. It has been trouble free during the time that I have owned it and I would encourage you to consider this brand if you are in the market for a good pellet stove.