Consumer Reviews of PelPro pellet stoves

#14  of 16 brands of pellet stoves

• 1

Read more about PelPro pellet stoves

Read reviews of other Pellet Stove brands

Date created: 2019-05-15 Name: Rick glave
Location: Lupton

"Crap"
Broke more than works takes forever to get parts

Date created: 2019-04-06 Name: Alisa Brock
Location: Dorval, Quebec, Canada

"Worst Stove Ever"
Bought the stove less than 1 year ago and have had nothing but problems with the stove and the customer service. They finally sent me a new vacuum switch after telling me to clean the stove even though I had already done that, my blower fan stopped working and the company has not even replied to my e-mail asking that they send me a new one, my ambient probe stopped working and when I asked that they send me the piece needed to solve the problem, they told me to do exactly what I had already done and told me to clean the stove again, they seem to try to find every excuse necessary to not send replacement parts and keep telling you to do exactly what you have already done. I would not recommend the product and the after purchase customer service is terrible. I have a stove that I have own for less than a year, am having to replace parts that should still be under warranty because of the company is giving me the runaround and can't use it during the coldest months of the year because the company looks for every excuse imaginable to not send a replacement part and not answer my e-mail.
Date created: 2019-03-02 Name: J Avery
Location: Fenwick, MI

"Worst pellet stove ever"
We bought our first PelPro pellet stove 3 winters ago. In this time we have had nothing but issues. First winter blower motor. 2Nd winter control switch. 3Rd winter blower motor seized up, control panel (again) and access switch went out. 1St winter Menards replaced the stove with whole new pellet stove. After the first winter, no more warranty and the problems just continued. We took very good care of it. Cleaned it daily. Thoroughly cleaned it every 3 days. In conclusion, don't buy a PelPro pp130 they are junk. Pelpro Company knows of the issues and continues to sell them anyway with faulty parts. We just bought a different pellet stove, fingers crossed that it works better. I guess you get what you pay for. You try to go cheap your going to get just that. Cheap junk that will leave your family freezing in the coldest months.
Date created: 2019-02-17 Name: Sherri Little
Location: Ithaca, MI

"Worst stove"
One of the worst decisions in my life. You cannot adjust the pellets that dropped. It's over Burns throws pallets outside of the box. The glass is constantly burnt within 20 minutes of lighting. I believe it is warping the door and letting soot into the house.
Date created: 2019-01-21 Name: Scott
Location: Michigan

"Sounds like a bearing going out"
PelPro 60, Have had it for a little over 2years, 4 tons the first year. On the second ton this year. Developed a very loud sound, intermittent, only when rolling lots of heat, which is very easy to do with this stove. The heat sheald was warming up and beginning to vibrate, fixed it with 606 fire caulk, any commercial construction site has tons of this stuff, only need the size of a silver dollar. Smear some between the heat sheald and the auger, don't need to be pretty, get it in there, both sides put the sides back on, fixed, 75 degrees in our 1500sqft ranch outside temp,-18 to you pick a number, love this thing, good times
Date created: 2018-12-28 Name: Chad carr
Location: Highgate

"Pelpro pellet stove"
I have purchased a pelpro pellet stove not even a month old and the First week I started having problems with this unit. I have called several Times in less than a month with several different issues. My last call Was placed before my first billing cycle of this unit and was told that they Were sending me a new part and I was the one that was going to Have to replace it or find someone to do it, they don't cover the cost of Having someone to replace it just part. I'm not very happy because this Unit is not even a month old and I can see more problems down the road.
Date created: 2018-10-30 Name: Stan Crisp
Location: Tustin, MI

"PP130 Wood Pellet Stove"
I have owned the PelPro PP130 pellet stove for 3 years now and I'm on my 3rd convection blower. These convection blowers are junk. I was told by Pel Pro that I would have to increase cleaning of the convection blower from every month to every week. I would not recommend this product to anyone.
Date created: 2018-03-14 Name: j chateauvert

"Total junk"
Junk! Bought brand new got a whole 5 months out of it before it stopped working. What a joke! American made means nothing but total junk.
Date created: 2018-02-02 Name: Mary Jo Listerman
Location: Michigan

"Don't buy one."
Bought my first one 2 years ago and have had nothing but problems with it ever since. When I bought it 2 months later it filled my trailer full of smoke on New Year's Eve night. Returned it the next morning to Menards and they replaced it with another one and I've had to replace the motor on it , thank god it was still under warranty and now that the warranty is expired I need to replace the blower motor. Very disappointed in it. Will not recommend anyone to buy one. Should of put my $700.00 towards something better and more reliable.
Date created: 2017-12-23 Name: Susan Fleury
Location: Collingwood

"Do NOT buy. This stove will kill you. Door welds burn off"
This stove will kill you. Door welds burn off. The middle of the night and the smoke detector saved my family. The weld burned and the door opened filling house with smoke. Only had stove one year and had to replace snap disk, blower motor, auger and now door handle. Takes months for parts to be shipped from the us to Canada. Nobody services or installs this brand here. Save your money and your lives.