Consumer Reviews of Harman pellet stoves

#10  of 16 brands of pellet stoves

Read more about Harman pellet stoves

Read reviews of other Pellet Stove brands

Date created: 2018-09-15 Name: C. T. Lyman
Location: Maine

"Unsolved problems"
Bought this insert in Sept. 2013. Upfront costs were over $4,000 and installed a generator because of stove's need for electricity. Living in Maine, stove is used 24/7 from about October - April. We have a technician do a thorough cleaning yearly - special tools needed to clean feeder chamber. We clean the firebox every 3-4 days. Feb. 2016, the cast center medallion was cracked and severely warped. Calls to Harman re: recalls, safety issues and this specific issue - their only response was to talk with the certified Harman stove shop from whom we bought it. No one knew why the medallion would warp. Had to replace medallion. Had tech person for cleaning 9/13/18 and same issue after only 2 1/2 heating seasons - warped medallion. This time it is so warped, he has to return to cut it out. Still no answers. This time, I may push for a new stove. If they can't figure it out, I assume the stove is defective.

Date created: 2018-02-26 Name: wayne caffery
Location: walton, NY 13856

"Nice looking stove just will not give any heat"
Very disappointed
Date created: 2017-12-13 Name: Marjorie Acres
Location: Ottawa, Ontario Canada

"They just don't care"
This will be my third and last posting on my rusting Harman stove that at the time of report was less than a year old. I have written them three letters over three months. They have not had the courtesy to acknowledge even one letter. I would have hoped they cared more, but guess not. I should have saved money shopped at Canadian Tire and got points and saved money.
Date created: 2017-11-08 Name: John
Location: Elko, NV

"Worthless Garbage"
Never again!! This thing is worthless, if I had the money then I would have it ripped out and have a wood burner installed. Where do I start....doesnt heat, clean and it immediately clogs up, try and get a tech to look at it and might as well buy a new one because by the time they are done charging you then you are in so deep it is ridiculous. Doesn't feed correctly, seems to have a mind of its own when it comes to starting and stopping. Doesn't even heat our living room when it should be doing much more. Do not ever buy!!!!!!!
Date created: 2017-11-03 Name: M. Acres
Location: Ontario Canada

"Rust"
Follow up to my review of the less than year old Harman with rust. No one, the distributor, the sales rep or Harman themselves have stepped up to the plate about this. All I get told is there is excessive moisture and maybe the paint was not cured. The one I bought the stove from did not say there was extensive moister as a rep said, and I use a dehumidifier. I am very dissatisfied that their answer is to sand and repaint. With rust I don't believe this is a permanent answer. So buyer beware .
Date created: 2017-09-26 Name: P O Harman
Location: Canada

"Rusting"
Not sure how this is going to end up, but I bought a new Harman last year. Installed in November and used until May . It is in my basement where most people put them, and in four months of not being used, and with a dehumidifier running, mine is getting rusty. I contacted the company and was told to sand it down and paint it. Really I would think I should get better support than that. So what will it be like in the next 5 years? I previously had a 20 year old Harman and it sat in a shed before I got it, with no rust. I was also told that the cast iron tends to rust, but there is rust all over this. I find it sad that Harman doesn't even consider that mine could just have bad material. Stove works fine, but if it is going to rust out not good.
Date created: 2017-03-17 Name: C. Snyder
Location: Rochester, NY

"Never again!!"
I purchased a Harman e few years back. Well this season the stove has been acting up. So I had repair tech come in to check it out. He tells me the "control board" is going, and says that this is a known problem with these Harman stoves. And because of this problem they don't make the replacement boards for this model and that I would have to get the upgrade. All at an approx. Cost of $500-$600!! or, since they don't make this model stove anymore I could buy a new one which is twice what I paid for this one. Really?! So there is a known defect in this stove. Don't you think Harman should be fixng this free of charge?!!! Way to stand behind your product Harman! Will never buy from them again.
Date created: 2017-02-03 Name: JP
Location: Williamsburg, Michigan

"Get yourself a Harman, you won't be disappointed"
I've owned our Harman P68 for 9 years now, and it's really been the best investment I've EVER made. Our house is approximately 4000 square feet and it warms the entire three floors nice and toasty. I can't say that there is anything I don't love about it. Maybe putting the pellets in. I wish a robot could do that for me! ha! We've never had to make a repair or fix on it in the 9 years we've owned it, works like a champ. I can 1000% recommend this unit to anyone that asks me about. I just feel lucky that it was the brand we decided to go with right off the bat. If your ever in the market for a pellet stove, please look at the wide arrange of stoves that Harman has to offer. The stoves are so efficient, beautiful and wonderfully made, you can not choose a better brand.
Date created: 2017-02-01 Name: DN
Location: Tacoma, Wa

"Broken and worthless"
I have owned this particular pellet stove unit for less than a year now. I haven't had it very long. Everyone I know had high praises for this particular brand and model. I liked that it was black, had a modern look about it, and it was so simple to use. I should've realized how cheap it was at that point, but I bought it anyways. I dislike how clogged it becomes even with regular cleanings. I've had to replace the auger 3 times now, all out of pocket expense even though this model came with a warranty. I would not buy this brand or model ever again simply for the fact that it breaks often, and it's as cheap as the suit the salesman was wearing when he sold it to me. The repairs aren't easy to do yourself, the parts are a pain to find let alone order, it constantly breaks down and is flaky like my ex boyfriend. I wouldn't recommend this pellet stove to anyone.
Date created: 2016-12-26 Name: BW
Location: Roanoke, VA

"I LOVE my pellet stove."
I own a Harman P68. I think it is the best investment I ever made. I have owned it for about three years. It replaced a regular wood-burning heater. I have never had to do anything to it, except clean it and keep it full of pellets. It heats an entire house, an old farmhouse, that is really hard to heat, but the Harman does it perfectly and almost effortlessly. I do not have any of the mess or clean up that I had with the wood stove, yet, it IS a wood heat, so I have the feel and the warmth of wood without all the problems. I clean it after I burn a ton of pellets, so there is none of the constant ash problem that you have with wood heat. It feeds itself, has a thermostat--you just set it and walk away. Never had a jammed auger or any other problems, that I hear about from people who bought other brands.I would definitely buy another, as a matter of fact, I will never own anything but a Harman. Would I recommend it to a friend? I recommend it to friends and total strangers all the time. I love the heat, I love the convenience, I love the cleanliness and efficiency, but most of all, I love that it is dependable.