Consumer Reviews of Harman pellet stoves

#10  of 16 brands of pellet stoves

Read more about Harman pellet stoves

Read reviews of other Pellet Stove brands

• P68 (6 reviews)

Date created: 2018-10-17 Name: S. Appleton
Location: New Hampshire

"Love my Harman"
Going into our 6th season with a Harman P43. No issues at all, burns about every brand of pellet we've tried very well. Our main heat is electric baseboard, but what that cost us for 6 months, I can buy 4 tons of pellets and keep the house at 72 vs 67 all winter.

Date created: 2018-09-15 Name: C. T. Lyman
Location: Maine

"Unsolved problems"
Bought this insert in Sept. 2013. Upfront costs were over $4,000 and installed a generator because of stove's need for electricity. Living in Maine, stove is used 24/7 from about October - April. We have a technician do a thorough cleaning yearly - special tools needed to clean feeder chamber. We clean the firebox every 3-4 days. Feb. 2016, the cast center medallion was cracked and severely warped. Calls to Harman re: recalls, safety issues and this specific issue - their only response was to talk with the certified Harman stove shop from whom we bought it. No one knew why the medallion would warp. Had to replace medallion. Had tech person for cleaning 9/13/18 and same issue after only 2 1/2 heating seasons - warped medallion. This time it is so warped, he has to return to cut it out. Still no answers. This time, I may push for a new stove. If they can't figure it out, I assume the stove is defective.
Date created: 2018-02-26 Name: wayne caffery
Location: walton, NY 13856

"Nice looking stove just will not give any heat"
Very disappointed
Date created: 2017-12-13 Name: Marjorie Acres
Location: Ottawa, Ontario Canada

"They just don't care"
This will be my third and last posting on my rusting Harman stove that at the time of report was less than a year old. I have written them three letters over three months. They have not had the courtesy to acknowledge even one letter. I would have hoped they cared more, but guess not. I should have saved money shopped at Canadian Tire and got points and saved money.
Date created: 2017-11-08 Name: John
Location: Elko, NV

"Worthless Garbage"
Never again!! This thing is worthless, if I had the money then I would have it ripped out and have a wood burner installed. Where do I start....doesnt heat, clean and it immediately clogs up, try and get a tech to look at it and might as well buy a new one because by the time they are done charging you then you are in so deep it is ridiculous. Doesn't feed correctly, seems to have a mind of its own when it comes to starting and stopping. Doesn't even heat our living room when it should be doing much more. Do not ever buy!!!!!!!
Date created: 2017-11-03 Name: M. Acres
Location: Ontario Canada

"Rust"
Follow up to my review of the less than year old Harman with rust. No one, the distributor, the sales rep or Harman themselves have stepped up to the plate about this. All I get told is there is excessive moisture and maybe the paint was not cured. The one I bought the stove from did not say there was extensive moister as a rep said, and I use a dehumidifier. I am very dissatisfied that their answer is to sand and repaint. With rust I don't believe this is a permanent answer. So buyer beware .
Date created: 2017-09-26 Name: P O Harman
Location: Canada

"Rusting"
Not sure how this is going to end up, but I bought a new Harman last year. Installed in November and used until May . It is in my basement where most people put them, and in four months of not being used, and with a dehumidifier running, mine is getting rusty. I contacted the company and was told to sand it down and paint it. Really I would think I should get better support than that. So what will it be like in the next 5 years? I previously had a 20 year old Harman and it sat in a shed before I got it, with no rust. I was also told that the cast iron tends to rust, but there is rust all over this. I find it sad that Harman doesn't even consider that mine could just have bad material. Stove works fine, but if it is going to rust out not good.
Date created: 2017-03-17 Name: C. Snyder
Location: Rochester, NY

"Never again!!"
I purchased a Harman e few years back. Well this season the stove has been acting up. So I had repair tech come in to check it out. He tells me the "control board" is going, and says that this is a known problem with these Harman stoves. And because of this problem they don't make the replacement boards for this model and that I would have to get the upgrade. All at an approx. Cost of $500-$600!! or, since they don't make this model stove anymore I could buy a new one which is twice what I paid for this one. Really?! So there is a known defect in this stove. Don't you think Harman should be fixng this free of charge?!!! Way to stand behind your product Harman! Will never buy from them again.
Date created: 2016-11-04 Name: LT
Location: belvidere nj

"Satisfied customer"
I looked at many brand names for pellet stoves and Harman always stood out as the best. I've had my Harman stove for 8 years now and have loved it. It heats my entire house of 1200 sq ft. It's quiet and looks good in my house. I did have to have the motor repaired after 3 years. This was not due to the stove but my chimney. I found out that my chimney was leaking water inside and created a dampness on the stove. Otherwise no problems as long as you keep your stove clean it will continue to do its job. I would definitely recommend this stove to family and friends. I went with the best and that's what I got. A very happy customer!