Consumer Reviews of Englander pellet stoves

#9  of 16 brands of pellet stoves

Read more about Englander pellet stoves

Read reviews of other Pellet Stove brands

Date created: 2019-03-16 Name: Sue Ellis
Location: Fitchburg

"1 full season"
In 1 full season, I replaced three igniters, trimmed the vacuum line that burnt, tightened the set screw for the auger, and the auger motor and keypad need to be replaced. I have no faith in Englander the support you get when you call will tell you anything to get off the phone. Englander doesnít want the product back they know itís junk. After 1 full season, I gave it away today. I learned my lesson donít buy there product you will get screwed over. Thank you.

Date created: 2019-02-10 Name: Adrian
Location: Fireisland

"I have a model25-pdv/55shp22/55trp22 and I had power but the code came on E 1 now I have no power anyone know what that can be?"
I am having problems with my pellet stove I just bought an Englands model 25-pdv/55-shp22/55-trp22 and I had the power it said on the control panel e 1 now I have no power?
Date created: 2019-01-31 Name: John Ellis
Location: Fitchburg, MA

"Sanford & Sonís"
I have had one thing go wrong after another. This is the worst purchase of any kind in my life. I havenít even burned 1 1/2ton of pellets and I'm constantly having to call for support. They are very busy serving other customers, you have to wait hours and then itís only fixed for a day or two and something else goes wrong. Save your money donít buy their products itís just a donation you wonít get anything in return. Sorry I got talked into buying this junk or whatever it's supposed to be
Date created: 2019-01-22 Name: Rae Smith
Location: WA

"Donít buy it!"
Bought this stove to replace my wood stove. Itís been installed and in use for about six weeks and weíve had nothing but problems with it. Pellets stick to the side of the hopper so stove stops working as pellets donít reach the auger. Cleaning is a constant and a nightmare. My other pellet stove is a breeze to clean and only has to be cleaned every 3-4 weeks. It only restarts by itself about half the time after you shut it down. This stove requires daily cleaning. Currently, the top auger has stopped working so the stove is out of commission. Spent two hours on hold with tech support this morning and no one ever answered. Sent an email and still waiting for a callback. Freezing. Youíd think if theyíre going to sell stoves that donít function theyíd hire more tech support to answer calls. Worst major purchase Iíve ever made.
Date created: 2019-01-07 Name: Dawn Miller
Location: Montgomery, PA

"Dissaisfied of the company"
We had our stove for three years every year we had to replace parts on it. New years eve of 2017 my grandson had friends and we were up the street to my sister in laws when my grandson called and said the whole inside was on fire we told him to shut it down he is 23 years old and we told him we would be right there. The basement was full of smoke, sutt leaking from the stovepipes and from the bottom of the stove. We contacted Englands we had to back where we bought it they were to reimburse us after they picked it up. They finally we got our money back for the stove but the damage to our basement we were to turn it in to our homeowners our point was why should we do that when it was your product they never paid for replacing the insulation in our ceiling our home at the time two years old, pile of sut on the floor
Date created: 2018-12-23 Name: Deborah Criswell
Location: Alaska

"No Help From Customer Service Dept."
I bought my first pellet stove in September 2013 and it heated my whole 1000 sq.ft house here in Fairbanks, Alaska, beautifully. I loved it. In January of 2018, the starter switch in the hopper broke. At the time, the closest repairman was 400 miles away in Anchorage, AK. So, I went to Lowes and purchased a second stove exactly the same as the first one. The second stove has never worked correctly. The entire stove gets so hot, it literally burns your hand when you touch it, even the door on the top for the hopper. We have done everything the "Customer Service Dept" has recommended in the 10+ emails: moved the control plate in the feeder, reset all of the factory set controls (by their direction), turned it down to the lowest settings, etc. We finally have a repairman for pellet stoves in our area. He looked it all over, followed all of the directions in my emails from Englander's customer service dept., turned it on, and burned his hand when he touched it! He has also corresponded with Englander, and, someone different answers to each email telling us the same thing the former person did. They are not bothering to read from the beginning of the email threads. This pellet stove is dangerous, is a fire hazard, and I cannot use it. My repairman told me that after the lack of communication and lack of help we have received from Englander, he cannot recommend them. I would love to talk with a service rep but no one answers the phone no matter what time you call during their work hours. This has been so frustrating to have a $1400 new pellet stove in my home and not be able to use it especially with the temperatures hitting -20 every night.
Date created: 2018-12-01 Name: M. Chism
Location: Ripley, WV

"Too expensive"
I presently own 2 Englander pellet stoves and have used 4 over the past 30 years. However, I do not intend to use them again because they are getting too expensive to operate. The bags of pellets have more than doubled in my area. The stoves work ok at this time, but the cost of the stoves, parts for the stoves, and the prices of wood pellets have gone too high. Your company has to work on getting prices down, including the pellet fuel suppliers. For me, I will use other heat sources until these items improve.
Date created: 2018-11-28 Name: Max McCowan
Location: Washington

"Smartstove"
After struggling through two mild winters with little use, the stove continues to not light or dump large amounts of pellets in the burn pot, then smoke out the house. This stove is very poor quality and after having a Whitfield for over 20 years, I wish I had rebuilt my old stove. It actually heated my home. The Dumbstove keeps shutting down, will never maintain a flame and I have burned through 3 burn pots and clean after each fire. Very poor quality and would not recommend to anyone. Please spend the money and purchase a good quality stove.
Date created: 2018-11-13 Name: MARGARET ROBINSON
Location: Lacey, WA

"Horrible"
Has never worked to my satisfaction. Call every year about this piece of junk. Wait on the phone for 45 minutes and more. No help. End up using more portable electric heaters. So frustrating. They didn't keep track of my calls, so no warranty. Won't purchase another Englander-made stove again.
Date created: 2018-04-02 Name: John Reichwein
Location: New Cumberland, PA

"Great pellet stove"
I bought a 1995 Englander pdv Pellet stove new. It originally had a non digital panel on the side with twist knobs for heat and blowers. After 10 years I bought a rebuild kit including a digital panel. There was nothing wrong with the stove but felt it was time to update it. Their tech support was great when I had a question and the installation of all new parts except the augers went smoothly. The augers themselves rarely need replaced. Note, I am not what you would call a mechanic. Twelve years later and it still runs like new. I live in pa and use it daily for almost six months a year. Although not necessary I clean it everyday with a vacuum because it is so easy to clean. Buy quality pellets and you can expect extremely cheap heat. Fantastic stove.