Consumer Reviews of Englander pellet stoves

#7  of 16 brands of pellet stoves

Read more about Englander pellet stoves

Read reviews of other Pellet Stove brands

Date created: 2018-04-02 Name: John Reichwein
Location: New Cumberland, PA

"Great pellet stove"
I bought a 1995 Englander pdv Pellet stove new. It originally had a non digital panel on the side with twist knobs for heat and blowers. After 10 years I bought a rebuild kit including a digital panel. There was nothing wrong with the stove but felt it was time to update it. Their tech support was great when I had a question and the installation of all new parts except the augers went smoothly. The augers themselves rarely need replaced. Note, I am not what you would call a mechanic. Twelve years later and it still runs like new. I live in pa and use it daily for almost six months a year. Although not necessary I clean it everyday with a vacuum because it is so easy to clean. Buy quality pellets and you can expect extremely cheap heat. Fantastic stove.

Date created: 2018-01-25 Name: Jerry
Location: Maryland

"Rip off parts prices"
Had this stove one season, one of the Auger motors went up. Price of auger motor $163.50 not including shipping!!!! Found same Auger motor on Amazon price of Auger motor $49.95 free shipping!

Date created: 2018-01-16 Name: Tiffany Taylor
Location: Whaleyville, MD

"3 Pellet Stoves in 3 Heating Seasons"
I purchased an Englander Pellet Stove from a local Lowe's 3 winters ago that was supposed to be a 'Smart Stove'. It wasn't very smart. After several phone calls to tech support and lots of frustration it had to be replaced (under warranty ) for an older model not a 'Smart Stove'. That pellet stove worked less than one heating season and now it's being replaced (under warranty). I now have to unhook it, load it and drive 25 minutes to a terminal so that it can be sent back and I can pick up another one. I am very unsatisfied.

Date created: 2017-01-27 Name: TM
Location: Kansas City, MO

"England's Stove Works makes a great Pellet Stove!"
I've owned this unit for about 2 years now, I bought it a few winters ago for my basement as it had no heat source. It heats up to 1,500 square feet which is about perfect for my garage and partial basement. I've used quite a few different brands of Wood Pellets with it and it's never been an issue, sometimes I have to clean it out a bit more when I use pellets that seemed to burn up too quick but all in all it's been very consistent in temperature and radiance. I've never had to repair or do much to keep it up as it's pretty easy to maintain which I'm grateful for. I would definitely buy England's Stove Works again as it's definitely a brand I can trust as it has yet to let me down. Highly recommended if you want a mid range pellet stove that won't break your bank.

Date created: 2017-01-24 Name: JJ
Location: Manassas Park, VA

"My Pellet Stove"
I've owned this unit since October 2016 and we really love it. It is pretty much brand new but it appears that any repairs would be very easy. Also, the quick and easy installation is another reason why I like this unit so much. Just viewing a couple of youtube videos, and reading the instructions that came with it was enough for me to configure this unit. Furthermore, another great thing about this unit is the look. It has a very good design and sleek look to it. My wife and myself did research on a few other Pellet Stoves but this unit was the best one that we could find within our price point. The simple design is easy to understand and it appears to be very safe. I believe that I would buy this brand again, but hopefully I don't have to any time soon because it was a big investment. However, I would definitely recommend this product to a friend because I love it here at my home.

Date created: 2017-01-02 Name: Michelle K
Location: Barnstead, NH

"Intuitive Homeowner"
I have owned my stove for 2 years and for the most part, I have been very pleased. The inside workings of the stove is set up pretty easy for the homeowner to diagnosis problems with the stove. The company's tech department is very helpful in troubleshooting also and has helped me a couple times. As with any pellet stoves, there is wear and tear and parts will need to be replaced. I have replaced a motor, vacuum switch, hopper lid switch and rubber tubing for the vacuum system. The repairs are very quick and easy to do. I would recommend this stove for a first time user for sure and I would repurchase it for a secondary home as well.

Date created: 2016-11-20 Name: JEA
Location: Philadelphia, PA

"Family Usable"
We just replaced a near antique stove with this new stove last year. Just fired it up for its second season last week with the cold weather setting in. My favorite thing about this stove is how cool it stays on the outside, and how well the air is pushed out. I like this because I can finally teach my wife and kids the maintenance operations for using the stove in the morning. Before the wife avoided it out of fear, and I was too worried about the kids touching it. If you have an old wood stove, or a pellet stove that gets too hot, I would recommend this one to anyone. Another great thing about this is that my old stove was a little smaller, and I had to chop more wood. This stove takes logs over a foot long. Love it. The company also has higher end models, but I found the lower end model I chose to do everything I need already and more.

Date created: 2016-11-20 Name: JBS
Location: Rochester, NY

"Englander Pellet Stove Review"
I purchased this pellet stove in November of 2015. All last winter, it kept my house warm and cozy. It does exactly what it's supposed to. The heat that pumps out of this stove is awesome. The style also fits right into my home. The size is large enough but it doesn't take up a whole lot of room. I find that keeping up on proper maintenance is key to keep the stove running smoothly. I turned it on just the other day to get it started and it turned right on and is running as it should be. I would highly recommend buying this stove if you are in the market for a pellet stove. It's a little pricey, but you pay for quality, and this stove is high quality. When and if this stove needs replacing, I will definitely look for the same pellet stove again. When my aunt needs to replace her coal stove, I am going to recommend that she switch to pellets and look into this stove.