Consumer Reviews of Castle pellet stoves

#6  of 16 brands of pellet stoves

Read more about Castle pellet stoves

Read reviews of other Pellet Stove brands

Date created: 2017-01-10 Name: BH
Location: North Conway, New Hampshire

"Perfect stove for my cabin"
We purchased this pellet stove two months ago to use for our weekend ski cabin up north. I had never used a stove like this before but we love it. When the temperatures drop super low I use the second setting and it really warms up the house. I like the timer settings that I can input so that I know when and how long it will be on for. The installation was not hard to do out of the box and it was easy to figure out how to use. There is not a lot of maintenance required. I try to clean it after every use but it is not hard to clean out when needed. I was worried that it would be quite loud but it is pretty quiet and I most of the time I do not even notice that it is on. We have not had any issues with this yet and I am very happy with the product. I would definitely recommend this!

Date created: 2017-01-04 Name: JW
Location: Mt Pleasant, MI

"Highly Recommended Pellet Stove!"
This wood pellet stove has been a great investment for our home! My wife and I absolutely adore it! It cut our 2015 winter heating bills in half, and that is including the cost of buying the pellets. The heat and atmosphere that the stove creates is a joy in the cold months of the year. It is so nice waking up to the warmth and glow of the stove on cold mornings, or huddling in front of the warm blast of air on cold evenings after coming in from outside. We placed the stove in our dining room which is central to our first floor which is about 1200 sq ft. We decided that the dining room would prevent us from being cooked out of our living room if the stove was too hot. This is our first pellet stove and we thought we'd try it due to the low cost of the stove, and ease of bagged pellets over dirty coal or firewood. Both my wife and I grew up around coal and wood stoves and we were afraid it would be super hot within close proximity like a coal stove. However, I can tell you that it is very different and you can install it wherever you intend to enjoy it the most. We sort of wished we would have placed it in the living room so that we could watch the fire glow, but the dancing reflections off in the dining room is also enjoyable. No regrets in our location decision, but don't be afraid to put it where you want it. It will not burn super hot like a coal or wood stove, but instead will radiate a nice even heat throughout a larger area. The heated air is deflected downward and fanned out a little the the left and right of the front of the stove. It mixes well with the cool air from down low with no excessive concentration of super hot air in just one area. You can be assured it is a nice even distribution of warm airflow. Last year we ran the stove through the entire fall, winter and early spring with no issues. The stove is quite flexible with several options for how to run it. However, we found that leaving it on manual settings for us was just easier. If it was cold enough overnight to run the stove we generally set it to lowest or second lowest out of five speeds and went to bed. In the morning, the first to rise would adjust the stove setting to warm the house up as desired depending on how cold it was going to be. I'm probably making this out to be more complicated than sounds, but it just wasn't an issue. I will say, however, that the thermostat function was our least favorite. It just isn't quite tuned the way it could be. We used the timing functions for a little while, but we prefer the stove run in low during the night for a more evenly heated home. We got accustomed to just putting the stove on low when we were sleeping or not at home, and then when we came home we'd adjust to our preference. We NEVER ran the stove at the highest setting, even on the coldest days and nights because I am convinced the heat to consumption ratio goes in the negative direction. On the coldest days, we ran it at 4 or 5 or 3 of 5.

Date created: 2017-01-03 Name: ZL
Location: Seattle, WA

"the Little, Fickle Pellet Stove"
Before buying our first house, my husband and I lived in a home that was heated by a pellet stove- which is something that we had not had any experience with. When we moved in, it was explained to us that the system kept a continuous feed of material into the stove to produce the heat and, as such, would require very little interaction from us. This, unfortunately, ended up being the exact opposite of the truth! For some reason, our particular stove would routinely stop feeding material into the stove belly until the flame began to die down and not produce enough heat to continue to heat our home. We would have to manually need to start the feed process again and allow the stove to began burning before the heat was actually dispersed and felt. This was definitely not the kind of thing that you wanted to deal with first thing on a cold winter's morning! We do realize that our experience with the pellet stove was the exception, not the rule, but we would be hesitant to ever recommend one to a friend due to our poor experience.

Date created: 2016-12-06 Name: KS
Location: Astoria, NY

"Rustic Modern Accent for My Home"
I'm very satisfied with my Castle pellet stove. I've owned it for over two months now and it does an amazing job heating my condo. The thing I liked the most about it was how easy it was to get it installed by Home Depot. They sealed all the joints and it does an amazing job heating. The only complaint I have is that it won't always shut off when set to a certain temperature. I haven't had it repaired yet and I'd definitely buy it again AND recommend it to all my friends. It can be difficult figuring out what to do during winter, but this was an amazingly affordable, efficient heating choice. The pellets are relatively cheap and sustainable, which is one of the biggest pros of the unit. Environmental impact was a big issue when looking for a unit and I was really happy to have this option.

Date created: 2016-12-05 Name: HND
Location: Stigler, OK

"Castle 12327 Serenity Wood Pellet Stove"
I have owned the Castle 12327 Serenity for about three years now and it has been a great purchase! This is a great stove it allows automatic operation and is easy to clean and maintain! It is very strong, durable, and steady for everyday use and continued years of using this item. Has a one of a kind heat exchanger. The types of pellets you can use is relatively endless, and creates easier variety. One thing that has gave me a little bit of problems though is that the surface does get very hot sometimes maybe increasing fire hazard. I would definitely buy this pellet stove again and if any of my family or friends asked me if i would recommend this to anyone, I would recommend the Castle Serenity. It has overall been a great choice for my family and I, and we have enjoyed using this pellet stove.

Date created: 2016-11-16 Name: JID
Location: North Beach, MD

"Pellet Stove - Review"
I have owned this unit for less than a year. I like how much it warms my small house. It greatly helps to reduce my electric bill (as I have electric heat). I've never had it repaired. I would buy the same brand again and would recommend it to a friend. It is a great unit! I love it!

Date created: 2016-10-31 Location: Meriden, CT

"A warm invitation to the home"
I have owned this unit for about 2 months or so. I have really been enjoying the heat it provides me and how easy it was to install. I don't really enjoy paying for the extra energy it uses. However, I am again enjoying the idea that If I were to use this and it was to break I could take it down to my buddy's place. (He owns a small appliance repair business). He could easily fix it I would assume. I would assuredly recommend and buy this stove again.