Consumer Reviews of Breckwell Hearth pellet stoves

Read more about Breckwell Hearth pellet stoves

Read reviews of other Pellet Stove brands

Date created: 2019-01-19 Name: K.Coates
Location: Manly, IA

"Incompetence at the highest level."
Incompetence at the highest level!!! Their high level of incompetence is unmatched by anyone. Every year our Big E breaks down...in the middle of winter. We hate the stove and the company. This year I ordered parts on December.27th...money came out of my account on the 28th...I called on the 6th...they could not find my order! She sent an email to corporate to have someone call me. I waited a few days and no one called. I called back and left two voicemails and one email. No one called. I called again and finally got a hold of someone...she could not find my order either!? Imagine that? She said that she would email corporate, I told her that had been tried once already and no one called me. She said she would email her 2 supervisors also. She promised that someone would call me....surprise...no one called me. I called back a third time...on the 16th...at first they could not find my order (again) then she found that it had been shipped on the 15th and I should get it on the 17th. No one had ever called me. Then when I was installing the part the bolt holes were too small for the existing bolts!!! There was a snow storm coming the next day so I had to go the hardware store to get new bolts that night. We will buy a new pellet stove before next winter. I will never buy anything from US stoves again.

Date created: 2018-12-03 Name: Connie Dorman
Location: Pennsylvania

"Sorry I Made the Purchase"
I have not even used a ton of pellets. I kept stove very clean. I recently cleaned it now it won't turn on. The technician thinks it's the control board. I am a senior on a fixed income. I thought it would be a wise heating investment. I realize I was very wrong. I wish I had purchased a simple wood stove.
Date created: 2016-11-20 Name: jt
Location: Alburgh, VT

"Review of Breckwell Pellet stove"
I have a Breckwell P23FS pedestal pellet stove. I purchased it used in 2012, my best guess is that this is a 2006ish model (I also own a Breckwell P23SFL that I purchased new in 2008, these two stoves are quite similar, although the P23FS easily outperforms the slightly newer P23FSL). The P23FS is a beast. Its hopper holds roughly 60lbs of pellets and it heats a large portion of my 1900 sf home. I have a very closed floor plan, this is why I added the second stove. The P23SF has a huge ash pan, which is nice as it requires emptying very infrequently. There are five main heat settings and a couple of custom settings. I have mastered the settings menu, knowing which setting is required based on the outside temperature, and how long a full hopper will last at each setting. Although the leads are available to wire a thermostat, I prefer choosing a fixed setting to using a thermostat (it also saves on the igniter using this method). The only thing I do not like about this stove is cleaning the heat exchangers. There are two rows of them and the rows are staggered, making it difficult to fit your hand or any kind of tool up inside to clean around them. Other than gaskets, I have only ever had to replace the high limit thermodisc and the convection blower (the failure of the blower led to the thermodisc failure). I purchased the parts on ebay and changed them myself within an hour or so. I would certainly recommend this particular model to a friend. It certainly gets the job done for me.