Consumer Reviews of Ashley Hearth pellet stoves

Read reviews of other Pellet Stove brands

Date created: 2018-11-14 Name: mitch dean
Location: Nebraska

"Save your money"
Stove looks nice, small in size, other than that, this stove is junk. I haven't had it a year, yet already replaced auger motor, igniter failed already. When attempting to talk to them, they want you to fix it yourself. That's why I bought a new one, so I don't need to work on it. Their warranty, at least for me, is no good. They have no repair people in my area so it's my job to fix. Another huge issue is the stove has no removable ash pan, so stove must be shut down for several hours in order to vacuum ashes out. How damn hard would it have been to install an ash pan so the stove could work. Unless you are bored and need a full time job keeping this running, I recommend not buying an Ashley or US Stove Company product. They are no help in righting a wrong situation.

Date created: 2018-11-14 Name: Wilma Cotten
Location: Woodland Park, CO

"What a piece of junk!!"
I bought a Vogelzag pellet stove to help lower my propane bill. Contractor tried to install, but there were parts missing for the vent system. I called the company and they sent me an auger motor. So took the stove back to tsc. Exchanged for an Ashley. I have had this one for about 6 weeks and hate it! It worked great the first day, but then I started getting an e4 error. Called the company and the guy told me the sensor was bad and tried to walk me through how to bypass the sensor until he could send a replacement. I am not mechanically inclined, so after about a 1/2 hour, I told him to just send me the part. Part arrived and I was able to replace it, only to have the e4 come up again. The auger was jammed. I have spent more time fixing this piece of junk than I have using it. When it works, it's great, but definitely not worth the frustration! I hate it. Wish I could get my money back. Right now the auger has been jammed for 2 days and I cannot get it cleared. Oh and by the way, you can't fill the hopper all the way - auger jams. I have to put more pellets in about every 45 minutes.
Date created: 2018-11-06 Name: Carol Null
Location: Michigan

"Waste of money spent"
I will never recommend purchasing a pellet stove. It was the biggest waste of money we have ever spent and it was not cheap. This Ashley one we have is messy, time consuming, and a pain. The pellets don't burn up fast enough and it all overflows inside, causing it to code.
Date created: 2018-10-18 Name: Dan
Location: NH

"False advertisement"
Model AP566OL Ashley pellet stove was advertising a 55 lb hopper - false - it only holds 35 lbs max. Wanted to buy a hopper extension And was told by manufacturing that they donít make one for this model. I was also told that I was the first person to report this. Lie, read same complaints online. Never would have bought this stove if I had known it only had a 35lb hopper with no hopper extension available.👎Ashley should be held accountable for such a major false advertisement.
Date created: 2018-02-12 Name: E Henry
Location: New Hampshire

"Not happy yet"
We have had this stove for almost 2 months now, and so far we are pretty dissatisfied with it. We have switched over from wood, and realize there is a learning curve, but didn't think it would be so much work to take care of. We are cleaning it out-and I mean everything-every 2 days! When I made a call to the company for advise, they contradicted everything I read in the manual. I am willing to give it more time, but wish they would send me in the right direction! Wish I had held out til I had done more research.
Date created: 2018-01-11 Name: Dar

"Pathetic customer service"
Glow plug went less than a month after purchase. Have been trying for last 2 months to get replacement.
Date created: 2017-03-03 Name: Donna OBrien
Location: Branchport, NY

We purchased a stove that worked for 10 days and the auger broke on Jan. 31, 2017. It is now March 3, 2017 and they have not replaced the auger. Consumer service stinks, they put you on hold and then hang up or some excuse every time for not sending the parts. 1,500 dollars down the drain and I am heating with electric. Can't find anyone in us Stove company that cares. Hold on your pocket and run the other way.....JUNK
Date created: 2016-11-28 Name: Jp
Location: Covington, GA

"Only good for super small areas"
I have had my Ashley pellet heater for about seven months now. It was advertised to have a capacity of twenty-five pounds in the hopper, to heat two thousand two hundred square feet, and to last 24 hours at the lowest setting. The main room I got this for is five hundred and fifty square feet and on the highest setting it barely warms the room. Also, when kept on the lowest setting it only lasted 11 hours, not twenty-four as advertised. The hopper also does not hold twenty-five pounds as advertised, I only managed to get about twenty pounds which is not bad, but still less than what is advertised. Another thing, I went through an entire bag of pellets in the eleven hours it lasted. One thing I do like is that it warms great for the mini study we have which is only about three hundred and seventy-five square feet. Other than that, I would not purchase this brand or style heater again wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Date created: 2016-11-04 Location: Jacksonville, Florida

"I own a Ashley pellet stove"
I own an Ashley pellet stove, it's really the best thing out there for those cold winter months. It's also an awesome showpiece in the room, I love it, it's reliable, never been fixed, never had any problems with it! I've owned it for about 2 years now and I don't dislike a thing about it, it's simply awesome! I would most certainly, without a shadow of a doubt, purchase from the Brand again, maybe even the same unit for another room. I am most pleased with the brand and would recommend it to all my friends and close associates, the brand, Ashley, certainly has my trust. Everyone should own an Ashley pellet stove in my book. Also when it comes to looks it has all other brands beat, nothing can match the slick lines and contours of my unit, you've be hard pressed to find a better unit out there!