Consumer Reviews of Ashley Hearth pellet stoves

Read more about Ashley Hearth pellet stoves

Read reviews of other Pellet Stove brands

Date created: 2019-03-05 Name: Bob
Location: Idaho

"Junk don't waste your time. Works for almost 24 hours before it stopped"
Absolute garbage don't waste your money and time work for almost 24 hours before it started throwing codes customer service sucks warranty sucks stove sucks spend the money and buy a good one

Date created: 2019-01-28 Name: Tom P
Location: Frostburg, MD

"Great stove from United States Stove Co"
Works great and provides much heat for 1000 sq foot room. Was easy to install. Customer support is great by United States Stove Co. Requires much less maintenance and cleaning compared to most other brands. Does not need to be shut down daily for cleaning like most other brands require.
Date created: 2019-01-20 Name: J. Sell
Location: Portland, IN

"model AP5790"
Bought this pellet stove,(Ashley) and had it less then 6mon. And had problems from day 1, they have a number to call and never get through to them, emailed and text them, the problem is the stove over feeds the firebox, their response is there is no adjustment for that, the gasket around the window leaks from day 1, their response is to call the number that you can not get through too, I thought Ashley stood behind their product, I guess Not
Date created: 2019-01-04 Name: Dan Bengyak
Location: Hudson Valley, NY

"Don't buy this stove"
This is a 35-day story. It is not a good one. I bought this stove on November 30, 2018 from Tractor Supply, and have had nothing but problems from it. First, it was damaged during delivery to the store, with a large scratch on the front of it. Not a big deal, Tractor Supply took some money off the price, but I should have known it was a harbinger for things to come. Then, when I opened it at home, they did not include the handle assembly in the package. I called US Stove, gave them the model number and part number, and they said they would send me a handle. Three weeks later, a handle arrives, and it isn't the right handle; doesn't fit, it isn't even the right type of handle assembly. So I called customer service again and was told they can't locate the part number for the handle that I read to them from the manual since they changed all the part numbers. I don't buy the explanation, but fine; they have escalated the issue to the warehouse supervisor to try and find Part No. 892663. Of course, customer service had no idea when that might happen, so I'm just waiting for them to call me when someone finds the part. I'm skeptical I'll ever see this handle. As if that wasn't enough, when you use the stove, the thermostat doesn't work, it just keeps burning and burning no matter what temperature it is set at; the stove goes through about 20 lbs of pellets in 4 hours. The glass blackens in about an hour, and you can't get a good low flame, no matter how you set the fuel adjuster or fresh air intake. Despite the missing parts, inoperable thermostat, the lack of efficiency, and failed customer service, I was still ok with the stove since it was keeping the place warm; I'm a pretty patient guy. But then we reached this morning. I went to start the stove, and nothing happened, the control panel just flashed before showing an E2 error after about 30 seconds. I followed the troubleshooting guide, cleaned the stove out, did everything the guide told me to do, but nothing fixed the issue, so I called customer service again. After going through all the options, I was put into a voicemail box; voicemail was not what I was looking for. The voicemail was actually the last thing I was looking for; the frustration level was increasing at this point. I then tried the text feature to contact US Stove, only to get a reply that they are busy, I should be patient, and to look at their youtube channel. It is clearly an automated response, and you would have thought someone would proofread it before they programmed it, but clearly, they didn't since the response says, "Our expert staff will be you asap." I can't wait for them to be me and spend several hundred dollars on an incomplete stove that doesn't work. Finally, I received a response from the text. Now, I'm pretty handy, but alas, I did not take Pellet Stove Repair 101 at any point during college or law school. Still, technical support seems to think I am capable of taking this stove apart, disconnecting the wires from one of the internal pressure switches, and jumping the stove using a paperclip to maybe get it working. I think I saw Macgyver do this once, but I am not as awesome as him and don't feel like electrocuting myself. So now I'm reduced to writing this negative product review like some lonely internet troll when all I wanted 35 days ago was to put a nice little pellet stove in my house to keep us cozy all winter while the family hung out and spent time together. Curse you US Stove, you have turned me into something I hate, and now I have to loathe myself all weekend as I sit shivering next to my inoperable stove, judged as less of a man by my wife and children for my inability to resolve these issues with the text messaging assistance of expert staff who will be me asap. So the moral of this story is, don't buy this stove; it will turn you into a cold, self-loathing, internet troll.
Date created: 2018-11-14 Name: mitch dean
Location: Nebraska

"Save your money"
Stove looks nice, small in size, other than that, this stove is junk. I haven't had it a year, yet already replaced auger motor, igniter failed already. When attempting to talk to them, they want you to fix it yourself. That's why I bought a new one, so I don't need to work on it. Their warranty, at least for me, is no good. They have no repair people in my area so it's my job to fix. Another huge issue is the stove has no removable ash pan, so stove must be shut down for several hours in order to vacuum ashes out. How damn hard would it have been to install an ash pan so the stove could work. Unless you are bored and need a full time job keeping this running, I recommend not buying an Ashley or US Stove Company product. They are no help in righting a wrong situation.
Date created: 2018-11-14 Name: Wilma Cotten
Location: Woodland Park, CO

"What a piece of junk!!"
I bought a Vogelzag pellet stove to help lower my propane bill. Contractor tried to install, but there were parts missing for the vent system. I called the company and they sent me an auger motor. So took the stove back to tsc. Exchanged for an Ashley. I have had this one for about 6 weeks and hate it! It worked great the first day, but then I started getting an e4 error. Called the company and the guy told me the sensor was bad and tried to walk me through how to bypass the sensor until he could send a replacement. I am not mechanically inclined, so after about a 1/2 hour, I told him to just send me the part. Part arrived and I was able to replace it, only to have the e4 come up again. The auger was jammed. I have spent more time fixing this piece of junk than I have using it. When it works, it's great, but definitely not worth the frustration! I hate it. Wish I could get my money back. Right now the auger has been jammed for 2 days and I cannot get it cleared. Oh and by the way, you can't fill the hopper all the way - auger jams. I have to put more pellets in about every 45 minutes.
Date created: 2018-11-06 Name: Carol Null
Location: Michigan

"Waste of money spent"
I will never recommend purchasing a pellet stove. It was the biggest waste of money we have ever spent and it was not cheap. This Ashley one we have is messy, time consuming, and a pain. The pellets don't burn up fast enough and it all overflows inside, causing it to code.
Date created: 2018-10-18 Name: Dan
Location: NH

"False advertisement"
Model AP566OL Ashley pellet stove was advertising a 55 lb hopper - false - it only holds 35 lbs max. Wanted to buy a hopper extension And was told by manufacturing that they donít make one for this model. I was also told that I was the first person to report this. Lie, read same complaints online. Never would have bought this stove if I had known it only had a 35lb hopper with no hopper extension available.👎Ashley should be held accountable for such a major false advertisement.
Date created: 2018-02-12 Name: E Henry
Location: New Hampshire

"Not happy yet"
We have had this stove for almost 2 months now, and so far we are pretty dissatisfied with it. We have switched over from wood, and realize there is a learning curve, but didn't think it would be so much work to take care of. We are cleaning it out-and I mean everything-every 2 days! When I made a call to the company for advise, they contradicted everything I read in the manual. I am willing to give it more time, but wish they would send me in the right direction! Wish I had held out til I had done more research.
Date created: 2018-01-11 Name: Dar

"Pathetic customer service"
Glow plug went less than a month after purchase. Have been trying for last 2 months to get replacement.