York Heat Pump Reviews

"Lots of repair"

After 9 years the Compressor went out. It was covered under the 10 year warranty, but labor and Freon (r22) was $1,200. After that, the condenser fan motor went out. That was about $225. After that, the blower motor ecm went out. That was about $600. After that, the unit was blowing hot air, so I called a technician. Freon was low, charged me $300. After that, (about two months later) blowing hot air again. Called the technician to find leak and fix. Charged me $175 to find leak. Leak was in coil. Technician said I needed a new coil. Gave me a price of $1,700. From the compressor to the coil, this has happened to me in the last two years of 11 years of ownership. The heat-pump worked fine while it was working, but I've only owned the 5 ton heat-pump a little over 11 years and these are the problems that I've had. I am not satisfied with the unit. I will not buy another York.

Kelly smith

St. George, UT

"Very poor customer satisfaction- warranty"

Had the latest heat-pump, York yhm, 2 ton unit installed. It lasted 4 weeks and the compressor locked up. Also, it burned the power supply connector and wire at the compressor! The supplier, MidCity Supply, out of South Bend, Indiana and York, will only replace the compressor, not taking any consideration of the stress that was put on the electrical system upstream of the compressor! It is clear that York and MidCity Supply are only concerned with their profit margins. Also, it has taken them over 2 weeks to do anything about it, in the midst of a long heat wave. We had to pay out of pocket for a window air unit, while they took their time to decide what was going to be done.

Stephen Dunafin

Galien, MI

"York is dork"

Do not buy a York. Nothing but trouble, every winter and summer. I'll never buy a York again, and I'm going back to regular ac and heating.

Glyn King

Mississippi

"York system"

These units are very nice, quiet, efficient and made in America.

Robert

Florida

"Boone Heating is the best"

Jerry and Boone Heating have made the process of replacing a 6 year old piece of junk that was installed by the original HVAC guy into a far better system

North Carolina