York Furnace Reviews

"Contractor fail"

I have been selling and installing York/JCI equipment for decades. We have installed thousands, and as an authorized dealer, we are trained by the factory and stay on top of all the new equipment install requirements. Our warranty program is in two parts. 10 year parts, which does not include labor costs, and then part two is offered at a small additional charge, which includes parts, labor, and anything else needed to make the repairs or replacement of the faulty equipment. When installed properly, these unit simply do not have problems. Out of over 5,000 systems we have had 4 actual warranties, which is an unheard of low percentage industry wide. Each contractor is obligated to explain the system warranties and what is available to them to be sure to have all the correct information. Each review I have seen on this system is of issues that were avoidable if installed or managed correctly by the dealer. True York dealers that do the job right just don't have these issues.

Michael Melton

North Carolina

"Condensate unit of furnace"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

This is the second York furnace that has been installed. It's a single stage TM9E060B12MP11. I am getting something else from the furnace that causes me to get dizzy. The last furnace, I used an air quality monitor from the health unit and it showed up Nitrogen Dioxide on one of the readings, which was unexpected. It was then that the furnace was replaced. Now, I am having the same problem with this second unit that has been installed. I am getting dizzy again and feel better if I open up the windows and doors. I am wondering if the condensate unit inside the furnace is faulty in some way, i.e. seals and they are not expelling the condensate properly and it is getting into the heat exchanger area. Is there anyone that can help?

T. Jefferies

Powell River, BC

I deal York and every item out of the box turns out working wrong. Changing my dealership to another reliable brand.

Bob selles

KCMO

"Excellent furnace"

My furnace installation went as smooth as could be for having my whole unit die a few days after Christmas. It's quiet and efficient, and seems to be working out beautifully. It's heating my 2600 square foot home that was built in the 1860s. My bill has not gone up at all and I turned the thermostat up higher than I had it before. The unit is much much smaller than my old one too, which is a nice bonus. I'm very happy with the financing and payment schedule offered also.

Nikki Dunn-Critser

Burlington, IA

"York"

Somewhat Satisfied

I was surprised and disappointed to find how low an efficiency rating the unit has.

Peter Cacoperdo