WoodPro Wood Stove Reviews

"Doesn't do as they say"

Been using wood stoves all my life, and they say just start a fire with kindling and load. It doesn't burn, even with the outside air kit. Have to leave the door open most of the time. I know my chimney is doing the job because I had a different stove with a re-burn system and it worked well. If you want a stove to look at, it's a good one. For heating, it's fine if you're there 24/7. Otherwise, really bad stove.

Deshawna

Arkansas

"Junk stove"

I have had my wood pro stove for 2 years and the firebricks are crumbling. The bracket that holds them up is falling down. My glass door is cracked and almost cost more than the stove to replace. Customer service is a joke 'Don't waste time even talking with them' Don't ever buy this stove if you do make sure you got enough money to buy a new one in 2 years.

TRB

"How to fix the Woodpro 1500 wood stove"

Put a mirror inside your combustion chamber and a light and look back toward your air box located just inside of the door. You will see a very small hole in the face that allows air into the fire box. I drilled that hole out to 5/16 of an inch. Problem solved. My stove operates between 250-400 degreases on my stack. I may drill the hole out to 3/8 after I get some history on the performance of the stove.

David Whitmarsh

Ida, MI

"Units are junks"

Purchased this woodpro 1500 stove as a upgrade to my old parlor stove. This stove ended up being a down grade. This stove does not supply enough oxygen to the combustion chamber to maintain a fire between 350- 500 degrees. It won't turn the wood to ash, instead it is chunks of wood that quickly fills up your burning space until there is no room to install more wood. I removed the ash box which gave me a little more are but still not enough to operate the stove. I also replaced all of my 6 inch stack and that did nothing to help the situation. I e-mailed customer service and that turned out to be a joke. They told me it was too hard to trouble shoot a pellet stove because there can be too many things that can cause a problem. I had given them the model number and serial number of my wood stove and then they tell me I have pellet stove. Clearly I don't have a pellet stove. So, good luck with customer service if you ever really need them. Clearly I have lost $500.00 on this stove. Don't buy one. It is junk

David Whitmarsh

Michigan

Can't get the 1500 to burn even close to 12 hours I burn only oak stove burns rather to hot or hardly burns at all think I just wasted over $2000 setting this stove up wish I could get my money back!!

Braum Sharstrom