Wood Doctor Wood Furnace Reviews

"Repair parts"

Like the unit, have had good luck for about 6 years. I now need a draft actuator, but can't find a place to purchase.

D. Simmons

Union, Me.

"Beware – Fire Box Leak"

Do not buy these wood furnaces. I have had two Wood Doctor furnaces fail for me. The first one only lasted one season before the fire box corroded through. The next one, which was only partially replaced via warranty, has now given out as well after 8 years. Re-installation and shipping cost many additional dollars as well. This company was extremely difficult to work with and communicate with.

J. Been

Wisconsin

"Leaks"

I first bought a stainless steel model in 2003, it leaked after 2 seasons. They replaced it under warranty for a 1/4 inch boiler plate model for a $5000 fee + delivery. It started leaking in 2013 and had a patch welded by a professional welder. It now leaks again in 2015. Beyond repair, said the welder.

a cheff

"Beware of the new Wood Doctor models."

Wood Doctor had a good product manufactured by Silverwind industries, but the company basically screwed all its dealers and customers in 2011 when it did not ship units paid for by customers and dealers. They have begged to get another company to make furnaces for them, but only Royal would do it. Now the claim to fame is a pressurized unit to solve all the problems. Beware of the snake oil salesman at the top of the company. He will tell you what you want to hear just to close the deal. I used the older model furnaces and loved them, but would not deal with the company now.

J Barrick

Carlisle, PA

"Outdoor wood boiler"

I've had my Wood Doctor 4000 series for 4 winters with no problems. Installed a sidearm heat exchanger to my hot water heater this past year. I have all electric so I m saving a lot of money on electric bills. I would recommend this product but only owned for 4 years. So far so good.

Dan