Weatherking Furnace Reviews

"3 ton weather king"

This is absolutely a piece of junk!! Do not waste your time with buying one of these! We have had to replace the compressor 4 times already and it just went out again.. The last one they would not cover under warranty because they said there was a defect in how it was installed… I had a licensed HVAC put and install it. I have 10 grand in this piece of junk… I'm taking it out and buying a different one!! Please stay away from this brand. It literally is a piece of garbage!!

Melissa

"Total Frustration"

I find Weatherking's review very comical, considering the other reviews and comments. Perhaps he is a better repair man than I have. The gas backup never kicks in. When the outside temperature is above 20 degrees, the heat pump keeps the temperature around 68 degrees. Once below 20 the house temperature drops rapidly with no gas backup. Ackerman Brothers Heating have been out numerous times and can't figure it out. So this morning, the temperature is 58 degrees in our house, besides extremely high electric bills in the cold weather. After reading these reviews, I understand that I have a piece of crap for a furnace. Try a different company to see if anyone can fix this before buying space heaters. My recommendation: avoid Weatherking and Ackerman Brothers

G Ham

"Ignitor Problems"

Every year, the ignitor has gone bad in this Weather King 80% efficiency furnace. I was told the new ceramic ignitor was better – better than what! Lol! Lucky for me, I have a friend who does this for a living! Yea, he still charges me but not as much as others would. However, this is totally ridiculous every year.

D. Butera

"Good unit for the price"

Gas bills dropped significantly. Unit has been running flawlessly for 7 years. Paid for itself in ng savings in 4 years. What more can I ask for.

D Wilson

"Ruud and Weatherking both poor"

Perfect timing. 6 months after the warranty expired my Weather King 90+ control board is toast. Costs $300 just for part. Furnace will fire but shuts off on main blower startup. Will start blower for a few seconds with fan on switch. This furnace wasn't even used, but rarely, for two or three years. I have a Ruud 90+ whose circuit board (probably same board) went bad just before warranty expired but still cost $250 for repair. Guess why the warranty is 5 years. . ..

D. Miller