Weatherking Air Conditioner Reviews

"It makes a better trash can than A/C"

The furnace "heat" function performs acceptably, but the a/c must be constantly "defrosted" – even in mild humidity conditions. The house is less than 2 years old and the a/c function has been hit and miss. When the a/c freezes, it generally takes about 12 hours to defrost and successfully restart. The interior of the furnace housing becomes quite wet and ice can be heard cracking when the a/c is shut off. I have found that this unit was made in China and production of the brand was terminated sometime before I had the house built. I would NEVER buy this brand (or replacement). Also, the series and model data are not on the furnace or its paperwork.

D. Tapper

Pittsburgh, PA

This system is junk! We built our house in 2008, and since 2008 we have had to replace breakers and a compressor. We use this unit maybe two times during the year. We live in northern Wisconsin and only need it randomly. The system is loud, extremely noisy with vibration, and does not keep up with the house at all. I have had it checked over, and they tell me it is the correct size for the house. I would never recommend this unit to anybody.

Kurt kunz

Birchwood, WI

"Not matched"

Neutral

The Weatherking (seer 13, 3.5 ton) was installed in April 2009- but only the outdoor condenser unit. It was rather noisy, but seemed to work ok. Three years later in June 2012, the condenser fan burnt out. It was an $800 repair. On really hot summer days, the evaporating coil freezes up, so I must shut down the system for about 45 minutes. It's freezing up because my system is mismatched. The evap coil was made for the old seer 10 unit that the Weatherking replaced. The company that sold me the unit never bothered to tell me (or educate me) about having a fully matched system, so I can't say it is the fault of weatherking. I have to take blame in letting an unscrupulous hvac company do the work and being completely ignorant to hvac. Not no more!

ATM

Las Vegas, NV

"Weather king Garbage"

My house is 6 years old and of course the compressor in one of two 3 ton units has gone bad. In addition, a value on the system in the attic plugged and burnt the compressor up. I spent the $2000 to have the valve and compressor replaced and now some debris or something in the system is plugging the value and the system stops cooling. No big deal if you do not live in Casa Grande az like I do. iho, Weather King is garbage. Bummer.

G. Bedore

Casa Grande, AZ

"Works Great!"

We bought a 3300 square feet, two-story home seven years ago and it had two WeatherKing units. They were far from new and I expected them to need replacement at any time. Seven years later they are still performing well.

Tony