Trane Heat Pump Reviews

"You can stop a Trane"

Had mine installed in 2002, it never worked. Had a 5 year warranty, the service & installer was ****** ****** out of Orchard, Nebraska. Put band-aid "fixes" to it until the warranty ran out. I'm just out, no repairs no nothing unless it's out of my pocket. I have a window air conditioner now. My service was deplorable, I was robbed and tricked. I feel so taken advantage of. I will never purchase another Trane product.

Robbie Jill Rickard

Wausa, NE

"Trane Heat Pump – Seattle Washington"

I purchased the heat pump as part of my new construction. Being in the mechanical and engineering consulting field and energy efficiency business for over 20 years, I am very familiar with Trane. They were highly recommended in the consulting firm and my request to the contractors. I am very satisfied with the efficiency of my unit. My home is kept comfortable year-round and I have installed a programmable thermostat to also manage usage. My electrical bills have seen a reduction because of the efficiency and management of my system. The only very slight negative is that sometimes the heat pump is a little bit noisier than I would like even with a silencing blanket, but not enough for me to make a change of any kind.

Seattle, WA

"Why can't anyone make it work?"

I bought a home 5 summers ago with a 3 month old Trane heat pump. I have had 5 different service companies (including 2 Trane Authorized) work on it and no one can make it work. Every season it randomly freezes up and we have to turn it off, swelter while it thaws, turn it back on and wait until the next random freeze-up happens. The last (Trane Authorized) service rep said we should change the thermostat setting because we can't expect to keep our home at 68 degrees. If that is the best Trane can do, I will never own another one. I am over $1500 into service calls and still don't have a working heat pump.

Alan Pickering

Berwick, PA

"The Trane heat pump failed. Sucks, sorry I bought it."

This is one "Bloody" tragedy, my purchasing the Trane model number 4TGB3F25A1000AA which you, Trane people, do not list on the Model List provided above. The unit has failed to deliver heat after the outside temperature drops to 30 degrees. For the last five days this year, 2016, the unit has failed to provide EMHeat. In fact, the Trane unit has blown 5 sets of 60 Amp fuses. Not cheap fuses, but the $17.00 a pair fuses manufactured by Cooper Bussmann. *******, *** (the installer) stopped by after I called for help and told me that the Trane heat pump cannot provide heat after the temperature drops to below 28 degrees. It is not designed to provide warmth. It's a heat pump. Heat if the temperature outside drops to below freezing.

Geoffrey T. Meehan

Linden, VA

"LOVE MY HEAT PUMP!!!"

We bought this heat pump about 3 years ago and have yet to have any problems with it! We love it. In the summer, our house is cool, and in the winter, our house is warm. There really isn't anything I dislike other than the price. As you know, anything Trane is expensive. However, the quality to me is worth the price. Their products you can tell are very well made and I know they work well. I would definitely purchase this product again and I would recommend it to anyone. My mom and dad plus my uncle have always used Trane products which is what prompted me to try them. They have both had their heat pumps over 20 years and they are still going strong. You just can't beat Trane quality and yes, I believe that's worth paying $1000.00 – $2000.00 more for. Just try it. You won't be disappointed!

Charleston,Wv