Trane Heat Pump Reviews

"Save on electric bill & good quality"

My Trane Weathertron unit has been in use since March 2003. This fall is the first time I've had to call a local Trane dealer for service. Cond coils are freezing in 20 degree weather. It has been very inexpensive to operate. Cooling in hottest summer has been great. So the past 2 winters we had below zero temps and it operated fine. Every year I remove side cover & use a garden sprayer with dawn dish detergent to clean the evap coils & hose clean cond coils also. When the local dealer installed it he put in metal ducts & insulated them all. I would recomend Trane to anyone to replace an old unit.

jon sab

Kermit, WV

"2 identical coils leaking in 2 years"

I moved into a new house in Raleigh in September 2014, just about 2 years ago. Heat pump units were already installed when we purchased the house. Last month (September) I saw a buildup of ice on the expansion valve housing and the tubing around the compressor. Called the installer and the rep said it was low on Freon. He added a pound to the system. Several weeks later a different company rep came here for a maintenance agreement inspection and informed me that the coil had a leak and needed to be replaced. Yesterday, I talked to my neighbor next door and he said that he had to have his leaking coil replaced. Sounds fishy. Two new houses side by side with the same units and the same major problem.

S. Mallinger

Garner, NC

"Trane, truth or dare"

Well we got our brand new Trane in 2013 or should I say we thought it would be a brand new one. When Lowe's had it delivered we found out it wasn't a brand new one but a refurbished one. So my husband made them take it back and bring out a brand new one like we expected and paid for. And well I guess they did but I beg to differ to the date because we had it for only 3 years and already have had trouble with it. 800.00 dollars worth of trouble. And I'm sorry but they advertise a Trane to be tough and reliable, well I don't think so. I just don't think you should have trouble with a so-called brand new unit within 3 years of use. The repairman said it was a bad coil. Well I think that is a manufacture's problem and we should had been held accountable for any service call and labor cost.

E. White

Chavies, KY

"Lemon"

I have had this unit for less than two years and have had to call for repairs three times. Saturday, the hottest day of 2016, my system didn't work again. J's HVAC came out and said the fan motor was not working and needed to be replaced. They said the part was under warranty but it would cost me $480.00. I am so sorry that they ever talked me into buying a Trane.

Carole Orndoff

Galax, VA

"Always breaks"

We are another set of very dissatisfied owners of Trane products. Within three years of it being new we have had to completely replace our air handler along with multiple repairs to our heat pump. Upon trying to contact Trane and their customer service we have still yet to have a response. It's very sad that people need to pay thousands of dollars out of pocket on something that is 3 years old with zero help from the manufacturer.

Stephen