Trane Heat Pump Reviews

"Don't do it"

We built our house 4 years ago and on the recommendation of our builder we invested in a Tran heat pump. Big mistake. We have had a repairman out every year for either the air or heat. Some years more than once. If I could afford a new unit this one would be in the dump tomorrow.

Janet Anderson

Lathrop, MO

"Trane review"

I have a 3 year old heat pump. At 2 years old a coil had to be replaced and now the compressor has to be replaced. Even though the parts are on the warranty, I have to pay for labor, a service call and the coolant which is very expensive. We bought this for my son who has cerebral palsy and he is the one suffering.

J. Cantrell

Elkhorn City, KY

"Fake Warranty"

Trane refuses to give warranty for a compressor failure. Unit is only four years old. The owners manual clearly states this unit has the standard five year compressor. After many calls to the local distribution company and many more calls to trane. I have made no progress. Trane offered no help to resolve the problem. Many times the phone just disconnected because I had no code to enter to speak with a person. I have been in business since 1985 and have always promoted trane. When I started working on then GE who was bought by trane this equipment was the toughest equipment around Operating in the most extreme conditions. Now they are less quality than the cheapest units. And have multiple leaks. I regret I sold this garbage to many really good and loyal customers. This most recent customer since 1987….

Tom

Valdosta, GA

"Never Again"

Unit installed February 2011 first problem fall 2011 smelly air. Coils cleaned, no change. Coils replaced spring 2012 problem solved. February 2013 blower motor replaced. August 2015 fan relay replaced. February 2016 defrost relay replaced and 3 lbs Freon installed. Now March 2017 no defrost cycle and aux heat on at 30 degrees. Contacted customer service and was told basically not our problem. Local dealer trying to help.

D Holsapple

Louisville, KY

"This should be better"

We purchased a house a little over two years ago in which a Trane heat pump had already been installed. I must say, if this is how good it gets get another system. There is only one of me residing within the house. This past month's electrical bill was $790, and when questioned the electrical company said a heat pump is not effective in temperatures below 50 degrees. Now, that is most of the winter here. So, I turned off the zones (there is 3) thinking that would inhibit the amp usage. Wrong, it increased threefold…….which does not seem right when a system is off. With all the other reviews posted on this site, my recommendation would be to look at other systems than a Trane. It does not seem to work as advertised (or promised….).

Linda