Trane Heat Pump Reviews

"Trane XR-17 review–NOISY!!!"

The Trane advertising stated that this was a quiet unit. The truth is, it is much noisier than my old Lennox unit which I replaced after 18 years. The compressor "throbs" rather than having a steady hum, and this is very noticeable in the bedroom adjacent to the outdoor unit's location. It heats and cools as it should, but I hate this noise level. The technician checked it out and could find nothing wrong. If this is typical of all Trane units, I would suggest installing it next to a kitchen, living room, or anywhere except a bedroom (unless you want a noisy guest bedroom to encourage guests to leave after one night). I will probably resort to constructing a noise shield between the compressor housing and the exterior wall of my house, using insulation board.

John Querna

LaGrange, GA

"Customer service"

Tranes customer service is absolutely pitiful. Sent my compressor to wrong distributor, then when my air guy got it. They sent the wrong compressor. Nothing like sitting in outside temps of 90's for 3 weeks.

Hate trane

"A Trane can be stopped with a marsh mellow"

Bought this in it in March of 2017. At first we were pleased. We leave our area to go south in the winter. In December our heating bills started going through the roof. Noticed that the emergency heat seemed to be always on Same issue thought the winter and into April. Now in May the unit will not cool. I cannot believe that a unit like this only works for less than a year. It seems that a Trane is not that hard to stop.you just need a marshmallow. I will keep updating this as we try to get it fixed.

William Ealy

Ohio

"I hate my Trane Heat pump"

We purchased a Trane heat pump / ac unitl at the end of winter 2017. The ac worked fine over the summer. The heat is useless. It's never even really warm. We paid $8500 for this supposedly 'wonderful & best on the market' system. It's noisy & is always running. We have the t stat set at 68 and always leave it there. I am never really warm. I wear long sleeves, long pants, socks & slippers. When I am sitting on the sofa I am covered with a blanket. We had new windows installed a few months prior to the hear pump installation. Why can't my heat pump warm the house higher than 61 degrees? Expensive to buy, expensive to run & I'm not warm.

Liz

"Exceeded Expectations"

After much research, had a Trane xl1800 Heat Pump & matched Air Handler installed (about 1998/1999). It's now Sept. 2017 and for 18+ years it has exceeded our expectations. It's never needed repair or service of any kind and has never had a problem keeping the set temperature on the hottest or coldest days over the years. It's been on 24/7 since installation (to circulate & filter air) and is still running with no problems. Also, it still competes well with the newest models in efficiency. When the time does come to replace it, even if tomorrow, I will have received great value in the purchase of this great product. I wish Trane still made this model as I would easily buy it again, but since they don't, I will definitely be buying a Trane product when the time comes.

G. Michaels