Trane Furnace Reviews

"Trane XE80 crap"

Basically I've replaced nearly everything on the furnace and the central air. The list is too long. The only thing original on the furnace are the limit switches. Blower motor, induction motor, ignitor, control module have all been replace and all were beyond warranty. On the central air condensor, the blower motor and the contactor havew been replaced. Trane stuck me along with the salesman Ron Lucido of Kranz Mechanical/ Anderson Heating and Cooling in suburban Chicago. "100% satisfaction guarantee" he circled on the contract. Boy did I get taken. I called him later about it and he passed it on to his supervisor, then a Trane local rep who "out of the goodness of his heart" was willing to replace a part if I paid a service call and the labor. jerks. let the trane go past!!! Buy something else fast!!

Paul

Chicago, IL

"Trane"

First we were sold one that was too big for the house. Our electric bill is higher, because the fan won't stop running. We bought a warranty, and the guy never sent it in and kept the money and is out of business. Had a dozen repair men that can't fix it. Never will buy another one.

Mr. Murray

Bear

"Install these"

I install these furnaces and what you people say is every furnace is gonna have trouble and most of these problems every furnace has. dirty flame sensors and ignitors. It's gonna happen in any new furnace. we switched from ICP product furnaces and I have never been back to fix one in 2 years. However we get calls for Lennox's so often I would never install one, plus servicing those furnaces are retarded. They should think about it. They have parts screwed in from behind things making you take a handful of parts off just to get to two measly screws. Every newer furnace is gonna have problems.

J

Canada

"Trane Heat Pump"

14 Seer Trane hp was installed in May of '06. Since that time both the inside and outside metering valves have failed and the compressor just had to be replaced because of the well known metering valve failure. In addition, the defrost board and outside fan motor have been replaced. Thank God I have an extended warranty. I am constantly worried the unit will fail again. a real waste of money

A. Diem

Kingsville, MD

"You can't stop a trane"

I just bought my first trane,put in 10/08/08 now it's 2/23/09 we had a bad and cold winter and the furnace has not let me down ,so far so good ,keeping fingers cross,love it .

R. Janow