Trane Furnace Reviews

"Poor quality"

4 years after installation, and 3 visits in past 3 weeks by wl Heating and Cooling of why my gas Weil McClain furnace that cost me $11,000 does not heat. I am told there is corrosion on panel bar which will cost $2,000 to replace. Was told at time of installation that this was a top of line furnace. No one can give me an answer to why the corrosion.

shirley thomas

South Windsor, CT

"Bad furnace"

We had this installed on 06 Oct-2016. Now vent motor of A.F. needs to be replaced, as per Enbridge inspection. Now, a plus air systems is charging $400 just to install. It is ridiculous and disgusting. My old furnace, nothing happened in 20 years. Within 2 years, I have had to spend $400, which I can't afford, but have to pay. I don't recommend anybody to buy Trane. Labor charges are very high.

milind Atre

Ontario, Canada

"Heat box"

Furnace 19 years old warranty 20 years… In writing tempature 2 degrees furnace quit… They would not honor warranty left me with no heat they sure do not care about there customers. Will never buy Trane product again.

R. FOSTER

Dresden, OH

"DOES NOT RUN LIKE A TRANE"

Trane Furnace & ac installed 2010, in 2013 new motor had to be installed, original failed. $300 labor to install. December 2017 2nd motor failed, $1400 to install new motor, Trane says no longer covered by warranty. Jamie's Central Air & Heating in Tampa says that's the best they can do, & will only give a year warranty on the new motor. No way am I putting a 3rd Trane motor in since the first two were junk & only lasted two years. Going to a new company that stands behind their product. Don"t buy trane

R. Harris

Tampa, FL

"Short life, limited warranty of limited value"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

The furnace and its compatible ac unit (10 Seer) were installed in September of 2006. The heat exchanger became "compromised" after a more thorough take down of the unit was made in November 2017 to find the source of a rattle (a loose screw that had been present since the time of the installation). The repair person pronounced the furnace dangerous and in immediate need of replacement. While there is a 20-year limited warranty on the heat exchanger, our repair/installation representative (a fairly large, reputable, and long-established local company) indicates that replacement heat exchanger units typically were not readily in stock locally for most models (and not just this brand), and that there would be likely a two week wait for the part, plus we would have to pay for shipping ($80 to $100) and for their labor to install it ($1000). You can't realistically wait two weeks in freezing weather; you'd think a critical warranty replacement part like this could be easily made available by the manufacturer on a "next day" basis. Eleven years is far too short of a life span for a furnace. The ac unit worked well and probably could have lasted but was using the now outlawed freon. Full replacement of both units was therefore required as a practical matter. Built-in obsolescence seems to be how some manufacturing companies in this industry operate.

Tony Frates