Trane Furnace Reviews

""

Does anyone else have this problem? When the blower on my month-old furnace is shutting down, I get a “siren” sound for a minute or more. Very disconcerting. I’ve contacted three Trane dealers, they don’t seem to care, “just what it is, you’ll get used to it.” WRONG, it’s annoying, also weird.

K Bystrom

"DO NOT BUY TRANE FURNACE"

I have had to replace my TRANE Furnace once already because of mechanical failure so severe it ruined the Heat Exchangers. I am 4 years into my second TRANE X90 Series and now I find out the heat Exchangers are cracked and they are going to have to be replaced. I have spoken to three separate companies and the parts are under warranty, but the labor is 1,10o bucks.
All three say the exchangers will go bad again and they are not going to last and TRANE has not FIXED the problem and has made no effort to do so..
I will eventually replace this furnace with another.

Jerry Lobenstein

"Do Not buy a Trane"

We bought a Trane 11 years ago. Had 14 service calls in that time frame. We now need to get a new furnace. Needless to say, we will not buy another Trane.

R. Logemann

Sgt. Bluff, IA

"Recommendations"

I read a lot of these complaints, and some are easy to fix the problem. Example if your going thru ignitors, have your tech check the ground on the unit and maybe the house. Should cure that. Some say on high heat it overheats and shuts down and starts again. Ok duct may be undersized, filter clogged, A-Coil clogged with pet hair, dirt, etc. As far as brands go, Trane doesn't seem to have the class actions like a lot of them do. Believe it or not, it is not the evil equipment you may think, it might have an easier explanation. If you have one that works for a while quits and two hours later, the drain trap is clogged. When it finally drains down it allows the pressure switch to close and works till it's full of water again. Lighten up people… The dealers don't want it breaking down on you either…

Dan

Iowa

"Extremely Unhappy Client"

I installed a Trane residential HVAC system in my home in 2012 and I have experienced a number of problems with the system. Most recently the igniter switch has burned out three times in the past 4 weeks and we are once again without heat. When I called Trane all they could tell me is that the system is out of the warranty period. If you are thinking out replacing your home system avoid Trane at any cost. They do not stand behind their products. Don't make the mistake we made and select another manufacturer. These systems are too expensive to choose the wrong manufacturer and Trane is terrible.

Robert Marino