Trane Air Conditioner Reviews

"Don�t buy it"

I this Trane unit for only 3 years and already have broken countless times. The last one is leaking in the coil $550.00 to fix. Garbage don't buy it don't make the same mistake that I have done. It's only name but they gonna loose it as well

Paul

Palm Beach County, FL

"HORRIBLE NEVER BUY AGAIN"

I absolutely hate our Trane HVAC. We respected their name, used to be a sign of quality, when we replaced our HVAC 10 years ago. Paid extra for that name. First one failed and left us in August heat in Florida for a week. Installed entire new unit and we have had repeated calls throughout the 10 years, despite quarterly service check ups. Now, just 2 weeks after the 10 year warranty expired, they tell us the unit is "shot" and we need an entirely new one. Just two weeks after expiration of warranty. We called Trane Customer Service for any assistance; nope, terrible customer service person just read from a script and offered absolutely nothing. Great customer service, because now I will be certain to tell everyone about the worse HVAC unit I've ever had and the worse customer service experience I've had in years. Here goes another $7,000 out for a new one right before Christmas and Trane couldn't care less. Never buy their products ever!!

T. Paull

Jacksonville, FL

"WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER"

My contractors were moving my thermostat and they crossed a wire and blew the fuse in the compressor. I called the local Trane dealer to buy a new fuse. They refused to sell it to me and told me I needed to hire a Trane dealer. I hate them. They want me to pay a repair company big money when I need a $7 dollar fuse. I was able to buy the fuse at grainger. Screw Trane. I would rather get cancer then buy one of there products again. They are money grubbers.

STEVE PASCHALL

Savannah, GA

"Correction I'm Very Satisfied"

Not sure why my last post was with Unsatisfied I didn't rate it Unsatisfied. But here is my post again. Poor installation can have a long lasting negative impact on the unit, I have been installed Trane for more than 10 years and I never had a issue, I keep in touch with my client and they are happy with the product, If you do not believe me it's okay. A contractor should size the cooling system based on the size of your house, level of insulation, and windows, inspects the return air to see if is the correct size and inspects all your duct work to see if there is a leak, if the unit is improperly installed you will have problem, it's not the products, is who installed, so go read the review of Carrier or Lennox same thing.

John

Houston, TX

"Horrible"

Not even 4 years old and the system is not cooling. Installer replaced a bad compressor, after several attempts at charging system and without checking into the ducts decided that ducts had failed because he could not get the system to cool below 76 degrees. Coincidence, they were good before the compressor failed. He refuses to diagnose any further. So I'm stuck with a very inefficient and expensive system. Now I have to hire someone to check the ducts just to prove him wrong, then what? Trane customer was just as useless, no help at all. What a waste of time. Very frustrating. I will never purchase a Trane system again, will not recommend. Failed big!!!

Alex Sanchez