Trane Air Conditioner Reviews

"Garbage"

You want to buy equipment that needs a huge amount of money to keep running….buy Trane. This equipment isn't even a good value as boat anchor. You buy, you lose.

Russ Gevertz

Texas

"Ductless does not dehumidify"

‪Bought a Trane ductless a/c from Home Depot last year. It cools but does not dehumidify. Neither Trane nor Home Depot would take responsibility.‬

Paul

Toronto, Canada

"Nothing stops a Trane….except its own dependability"

I purchased a new Trane system in August 2013. My old unit was removed and the new unit installed without fuse and the company (msco) did very good work in this action. However, within just a few months, I had to call repeatedly to find out why my unit kept blowing its fuse and shutting off. I finally had to request someone capable of doing a complete "top to bottom" review of the system and was told "It hadn't been insulated at a wiring point properly and was causing the short". Again, msco repaired this and my unit worked until about a year later the compressor failed. I had to call for replacement and installation and the unit was operational once more. This month, I started up the unit and no cold air would come out. I called MSCO and they came out quickly, but upon evaluation of the unit, we were told the compressor had failed once more. The system was still under warranty, but now we are being charged almost $1100 in labor costs. I asked why this occurred and was informed that "labor" isn't covered by warranty and I should have purchased a "labor warranty" at installation. I am now writing this to you as I am thoroughly dissatisfied with Trane products and service. Although your people are polite and quick to respond, it seems I have to be made to bear the brunt of cost, inconvenience and discomfort when it is too hot or too cold.

Phil M.

Virginia Beach, VA

"Completely disappointed"

I would not put another Trane system in our house if you gave it to me for free. We have had nothing but trouble with this top of the line unit. Please learn from my $12,000.00 mistake and do not purchase a Trane unit.

Marla Agler

"Evaporator coil"

This is the second time in 2 years that the evaporator coil has gone out. Trane only wants to cover $390.00 of the $590.00 cost of replacement. They say that they can't guarantee this will be the last time. The first time it went out the unit was only 5 mo.old. I feel like I've been sold a "lemon"

K. Herman