Trane Air Conditioner Reviews

"Never Trust Trane"

When we purchased this Trane unit, we were told it had a 10 year warranty. This year, the unit quit cooling. We called for repair and was told it had a bad weld, which caused all the Freon to leak out. Was told it had no warranty and to repair it cost us $750.00. The unit has been installed almost 5 years and cost almost $8000. Will never purchase another Trane. They lie and do not stand behind their products.

Rick Carter

Riceville, TN

"Gone in 4 years"

I bought this Trane ac through Home Depot. It was okay until 4 weeks ago, with that scorching heat, when it broke down. It only lasted for 4 years. I called the company since it still has a warranty until 2024. They will only charge me the labor for ( $1400 +). Their tech came by and checked. He told us it was the compressor, which cost us $88.00 for diagnosis. They give us different dealers, which also charge almost the same. I read their q/a review, it says that Trane compressor or products last for 15 to 20 years. I thought I bought a lemon because it has been only 4 years and it broke down. I don't think I will recommend this product, nor buy the same product again.

Shirley Sabarre

West Covina, CA

"Trane"

I've had a Trane for 3 or 4 years and it has been absolutely nothing but a problem! Just had it serviced in May, cost was $600 to fix. I know it's under warranty, but a tech was here less than 2 hours and that's how much I was charged and now, here it is July, and it has quit working again! And this is every summer since I have had it! Trane is a real pos!! Do not get a Trane!

VChittum

Tennessee

"Unbelievably Good Air Conditioner"

My Trane air conditioner is 26 or 27-years-old (too far back to remember exactly). I'v had it serviced only two or three times, and those were just for annual maintenance – cleaning, etc. It cools my 1,100 square foot house beautifully to this day. It's not super quiet outside, but I can't hear it inside. I want to replace it before it eventually quits (I'm on borrowed time), heat really gets to me in my old age. It was going to be another Trane, but now I don't know due to recent reviews.

Tom

Indianapolis, IN

"Don�t buy it"

If you are looking for an AC, don't buy Trane. I bought 3 years ago and I lost track of how many times it broke. I ended up having to buy a $600 extended warranty to avoid more expenses. Listen to me, don't buy it.

Paul