Tempstar Furnace Reviews

"Installman"

I have been putting Tempstar in for a long time. Have had min service calls on them.Alot of problems are with the proper install. I service all makes and they all have there problems! You will find that your higher dollar equipment uses the same parts so I dont know why there is such a price difference!!

B Rigoni

plainfield Ill

"A piece of crap"

I had a new Tempstar installed in Aug. 2010 just a few months ago. I have already had one service call to replace an injector that leaked oil in my garage and it is still leaking. I will be lucky to get through one winter with this furnace. This is what the government is using in it's weatherization program. The service man told me to watch it for leaking oil every time I fill it as it is senitive to dirt when filled. I have nverer never had to watch for oil leaks. This is a waste of gov't money and who does it really help????

Patricia Edwards

Cincinnati Ohio

"Worked great"

Bought the house in 2001 and the Tempstar was already in installed. Plate says it was made in 1992. Ran great until this year when the exhaust motor went out. Spent 400 on the motor and then asked the technician if we should just replace the furnace (18 years old). He said if we wanted to to with a new furnace he would credit the $400. 99% sure we're going with Tempstar again but some of these reviews are making me think twice.

Charles

Nebraska

"Rubbish"

Purchased gas furnace 12/12/2005. Mid November 2010 gas was escaping. Accessed Tempstar's website — no phone #! Got a dealer name from their list. Dealer visited, took note of the problem. He called later to say that the furnace part was NOT covered under warranty because their records showed that it was purchased and registered Oct. 2005 (before MY original furnace broke down). After many phone calls they agreed to replace the part. I have requested that they extend the warranty because this was a faulty part and my home could have blown – with me in it! They have not even bothered to contact me.

Adrienne Alexander

San Clementec CA

"95% Variable"

I love this furnace. It is so quiet and my home is now so comfortable. My wife and son both commented they feel a big difference in comfort. we are saving a ton of money compared to the old unit and I would recommend this Tempstar furnace to everyone

Randy Allers