Tempstar Furnace Reviews

"Stay away!"

10 Years I put up with this total piece of Crap! Unreliable! Incomplete cycle starts. Frequent pressure code errors. Crazy blink code errors.Not bringing room up to temprerture. Three new thermostats. 3 new mother boards. 2New pressure relief valves. I was not living thru another season with this utter piece of crap. It acted up day 1 of installation and continued for 10 years. Pos

Christopher Pilla

Philadelphia, PA

"Avoid this brand"

Bought this unit 6 years ago. The installer said it had a 10-year parts warranty. Never told us we had to register the unit for the full 10-year warranty. 6 years later we need a new coil and International Comfort Products LLC (parent company of TermpStar, 931-270-4100) tells us the unit was never registered and the warranty is only for 5 years. They refuse to cover the coil or even discuss this with the installer even though there was nothing to registering the unit other than going on- line and completing a short form. I have proof that I am the original owner but now I must pay over $1000.00 to have it fixed. Never buy this brand!

Craig Dennis

Morehead, KY

We bought the house new in 2008 with a Tempstar furnace installed by the builder (neighbor had identical furnace). My blower motor died in 2015, the week before Christmas (ironically the neighbor's furnace died a week before, over $3000.00 to repair; they bought a new furnace). I chose to replace the motor and module, just under $1600.00. There is no saving of money with this unit. Would never recommend this furnace to anyone.

howard

British Columbia, Canada

"It doesn't matter what brand it is."

I worked in the wholesale business for over 25 years and I sold many brands including Carrier, Comfort Maker, Ruud, Kelvinator, Philco, etc. I've been to many tech courses and all of them indicate most failures are lack of maintenance, Did you hear that, most homeowners do not call a heating contractor unless there's a problem. Do you maintain your car? Of course you do. The same with your furnace and you will be surprised how long it lasts. Once a year is fine.

Jeff Beaudin

Pinconning, MI

"Good Economy Model"

Somewhat Satisfied

I've been living in my apartment for almost five years now, so I know the ins and outs of this furnace, though it's hard to know how much the furnace is to blame or the duct-work and insulation. It keeps the house warm and the bills pretty low. That's pretty much my only concern in a furnace. If I had any complaints about it, then those are basically that it doesn't seem to have a fast pick up.

Buffalo, NY