Tempstar Air Conditioner Reviews

"Do not buy Tempstar"

Run away from Tempstar products — imo. They are the worst. I had a Tempstar TXA6 condenser installed in late 2015 and in less than 2 1/2 years (June 2018), I had to replace the entire condenser because of a defective coil. The cost to me was an additional $2,245. This is the worst failure I have encountered in a condenser in 28 years. I have three zone hvac and have experience with four different brands. Tempstar has provided no recourse, explanation or apology. My recommendation is never Tempstar.

Deborah A Montick

New Jersey

"Rusted out"

The unit was installed three years ago, the top is all rusted out. They used the wrong screws to secure the wire top that is rusting to a point that will cause the fan to drop into the center of the coils.

Frank Falotico

Florida

"Don't waste your money"

My unit was installed in June 2011. I replaced the computer/blower motor in 2016 – still under warranty. This year – 2018, I have replaced the start capacitor and now I have replaced the blower motor and computer once again. Do not buy.

Kathy Stewart

Pennsylvania

"Tempstar good"

3 ton 16 seer heat pump 15 kw heat pack and it's been awesome. All I can say is, treat the guys doing your install like family and they will do you a good job. I feed them supper and we watched a movie after. I live in Waco, TX. It gets very hot here. It was 113 last week with 60% humidity. We keep the air on 65 and it has no problem. It cycles on and off like normal. Our energy bill went from $340 to $360. Now it's $120 to $130.

Christian

Texas

"Not reliable"

After seven years, the compressor blew. This was half of the life expectancy. I do not recommend it to anyone.

Rich