Taylor Wood Furnace Reviews

"No problems for 10 years"

I've used my stove every winter since 2005. Have not replaced anything except the door fan. Built a shed over it when I first installed it. It still looks and works like new.

R. Dean

Sutton, WV

"Worst company I've ever had to deal with."

My T-1000 is just now 3 years old and it has a big hole in it above the fire door. I called Taylor to see about the warranty and the man I talked to pretty much laughed in my face. I paid nearly $10,000 for this furnace and they won't stand behind their 6-year warranty? This is crazy and I am going to tell all I can what a rip-off company Taylor is!

John m dale

Morrisdale, PA

"Good stove"

Bought this unit in 1997 and it's still going strong. Just keep the pH in the water right and it will last a long time, but it likes wood; that's the only drawback with the outdoor boilers.

Doug

Upstate NY

"Keeps everything warm inside!"

I have owned a Taylor 750 for 6 years now and it has been nearly trouble free. I have had to replace the door gaskets, draft blower and 1 of the 2 pumps I have installed for the 2 buildings I heat. I live in central Minnesota, where the temps vary from 30 degrees down to -20 degrees. I heat my home and attached garage (5000 square feet) and my shop (2000 square feet). Both are well insulated and have good windows. The house we keep at 72 degrees. The attached garage we keep at 60 degrees. And the shop I keep at 40 degrees, unless I'm working out there; then I turn it up to 65 deg. That being said, I usually fill the stove 2 times per day, unless the temperature drops bellow 10 degrees. Then I can fill it 3-4 times per day (heating all buildings at high interior temps and also what type of wood you burn.) I set up the pumps to run constantly, so I do burn more wood than if the pumps came on when the thermostat calls for heat. But this does keep the house a consistent temp, which is nice on cold winter days. The stove is a little time consuming to clean, but if you don't let the creosote build up it's not too bad. I believe that maintenance is the key to long life with any product and your stove is no exception! I drain and replace the water every year with new chemical and anode rods. Spending a few bucks in chemical a year is cheap insurance that the water in your stove stays non-corrosive and hopefully leak free. I looked at other stoves on the market and have no regrets with this stove purchase.

W Sam

Buffalo, MN

"2nd Taylor T-450"

Somewhat Satisfied

We installed our first Taylor t-450 in 1990. It lasted 15 years, at which time a leak developed in the middle of the heating season. The leak was minor and we were able to run the stove for the rest of the season without problems. During the 15 years, we replaced blower fans twice and a circulation pump once–no other problems. In 2006, we traded the old stove in for a new T-450, which had a similar design but was constructed with stainless. This unit has basically been problem free, except for a warped door which had failed welds at the corners. I removed the door and had a machine shop straighten and re-weld the door. New gaskets were installed too.

John Zetter