Taylor Wood Furnace Reviews

Bought a 750 in 1991. It lasted 5 years until the bottom rotted out. Back then they offered an extra 6 year warranty, which I had purchased. The unit was sent to Ohio first to be checked, then sent to North Carolina for repairs. Two years later it was junk again. I purchased a new 750 that lasted about 10 years until the tube started leaking. I bought the tube and both plates to repair and it – lasted about a year longer when the firebox got so thin that when loading it, a piece of wood pierced a hole in the side. So, in the 17 odd years with a Taylor, I switched to a Hardy. Much better built, but more finicky to dial in than a Taylor.

Bob E.

New York

"Taylor Wood Furnace"

My Taylor t-450 is a 1993 model. It looks and runs like new. I've replaced the door seal and fan once, I'm very happy with it. Good maintenance on a furnace is just like keeping the oil changed in your car or truck. Good maintenance pays off. Good luck to all the lazy folks out there.

J. Duke

Sidney, AR

"CB500"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

Mine is 10 years old. I have used Tayor chemicals and replaced the anode rod every year. It has developed 2 leaks this week. Looking for a replacement now. More than likely will not be a Taylor.The only parts I have changed are the door gaskets and the fan Update: Nov 17, 2016: After checking the purchase date my taylor is just starting the 8th winter. Will not buy this brand again.

Ken

26525 (Bruceton Mills, WV)

"Nobody works on these"

Wouldn't recommend to anyone that wants one, Can't find anyone to work on them when you need something fixed, or chemicals and rod changed. Save your money.

Shirley Clouser

East Waterford, PA

"Which stove lasts the longest, that's my question"

I installed my Taylor T-450 in 1993 when we built our house and it has been my only heat source. The only thing I have replaced is the blower motor on the door just last year and the door gaskets a few times over the years. Not bad for 22 years ! I am picking up a new Taylor T-450 stove today. The only reason for this is the new EPA regulations coming out next year, or I would continue burning my stove that was built in 1992. I know a lot of people that had Taylors that have not lasted as long as mine. My question to those people is, how well do you clean your stove after each burn season? I always clean the fire box and around the flu tubes down to every weld and coat it with used motor oil. I always drained the tank and changed out the rod every two years. I have never paid a heat bill and save money on my electric bill during the winter months by using the domestic coil and turning off my hot water heater. I thought about buying another brand of stove like some other people I know. After 22 years of heating my house that has paid for itself and my new stove, I just couldn't bring myself to do it ! I have someone coming tomorrow to look at my old stove and it's not even unhooked yet. I would like to hear from someone that has had their stove for as long as I have no matter what brand. I guarantee they will say the same thing – good maintenance!

B. Mullett