Takagi Water Heater | Reviews | FurnaceCompare®

Takagi Water heater Reviews

"Review of T-K4"

I am a plumber with 30 years of experience. I installed a T-K4 outside water heater. After 3 months it failed, error code 991. After several times resetting it, I contacted a rep. All he was concerned about was defending how smart their unit is. Wrong. He said there was not enough gas. I properly installed it, so I contacted the gas company and waited 5 hours while they changed the meter and regulator. Bam. 2 days later, error code 991. He said it was not installed correctly. After threatening to be sued by a very mad home owner, got a new unit and one month later there are no issues. I understand problems happen but it should have be addressed sooner. I lost 5 hours waiting for the gas company, plus 6 service calls. I will never install another one and I install 20 to 30 a year…not Takagi.

mike lawhead

Banning, CA

"I like it for the size and the efficiency. I would recommend it to my friends!"

I've been using this water heater for two months now. I like it's size. It's also environmentally friendly. It was a bit more expensive than I was thinking of spending, but it's worthy. It never broke or has any problem yet. I would recommend it to my friends. I would buy the same brand again unless I find something which has similar quality for cheaper price.

Hendersonville, TN

"Takagi provides no warranty"

When these work, they work okay. However, if unit is defective (relatively low rate) Takagi provides virtually no warranty. In best case scenario they provide part to installer (if installer pays shipping). Then one has to disassemble this high-tech unit and replace part. It is time consuming job of several hours. Most installers would never do this no matter what they promise before installation. As a result if unit goes bad, even within a days of installation unit goes to garbage. If you ready take chances and luck is on your side, go ahead. Out of 100 installed by us, five died and takagi do not stand behind its product. We dropped them from our product line to keep good relationships with our customers. Until takagi starts to cover contractors and home owners in case of problems (like many responsible manufacturers do), we would strongly recommend against their products.

Jim

NJ

"Ms"

The Takagi instant on tankless water heater my husband installed in heaven. Our gas bills dropped by over half, I can live in a hot shower if I want to and we always have enough water for everyone to toake their showerw, one right after the other every morning. Yes- it was a bit more complicated to install as it was a retrofit and additional piping, venting etc were needed. Yes- it cost more than a big box tank heater upfront. the only downside is we have well water and every couple months DH has to take one of those green scratch free pot scrubbers and clean the anode. Works out though, he just does it whenever he is adding salt to the softener.

linda Steinfeldt