Takagi Water Heater | Reviews | FurnaceCompare®

Takagi Water heater Reviews

"Awesome tankless water heater"

I recently replaced my water heater with a tankless Takagi T-KJR2-IN water heater. I've had the water heater in place for about 2 months now and couldn't be happier with it. Space is a commodity in my residence, and not having a huge water tank has saved considerable storage space. In addition, I never run out of hot water! The heater has a digital thermostat that allows me to control, to the degree, the temperature of the water. While it takes a few moments for the water to heat to the desired temperature, this is true of most tankless water heaters, and I would not consider this a negative feature. So far the heater has worked without issue or incident. At the moment I can't find a single dislike about the product. I would absolutely buy this same brand again. I often recommend tankless water heaters to my friend, and I would certainly recommend the Takagi.

Flemington, NJ

"It does not get worse than this"

There is nothing nothing good that can be said about this heater. I was lied to a number of times by different people doing the shift the blame game. Nasty product! Nasty people! Worked for two months and they refuse to honor their warranty.

L Davis

Northern Arizona

"Takagi will make you poor"

My Takagi tankless hot water heater has broken down 6 times over the last five years, costing me $1,064.35 in repairs. It has just broken down for a 7th time and would cost me another $400 to repair if I didn't finally decide to pull the plug and get rid of it. Be smarter than I was. Get another brand.

Mark S

Portland, OR

"Takagi warranty sucks!"

I am a plumbing contractor specializing in the installation and service of tankless water heaters. I must warn everybody, do not buy Takagi! The support of this product is horrible. They do not pay service techs for warranty work. The water heaters fail prematurely and even when working they make too much noise and are not reliable.

Omer Negev

Van Nuys, CA

"Takagi tankless water heaters"

They don't last. Mine is 5 years old and starting to leak and giving the 111 error. Basically their warranty is no good. You have to hire a plumber to disassemble it and take pictures. You then email the pictures then they will consider if it was a defect or bad water. You will then have to pay a plumber again to reassemble it with the part(s) that were needed. I called several plumbers and none of them ever used Takagi and said that was ridiculous. I would have had to pay a couple hundred dollars of work for them to do everything that Takagi wanted them to do.

WAYNE DESHOTEL