State Water heater Reviews

"3 Failed In 5 Years"

I had two water heaters professionally installed to specifications in my restaurant. My water is treated and they were well maintained in a good clean space and not over-worked. One failed in 2 years and was warrantied. The second failed in 4+ years, no warranty, leaking into the combustion chamber, no fix. The warrantied one failed in 2+ more years. Leaving into the chamber and not able to drain condensate. I spoke with State and was supposed to receive a follow-up call. No return call. I wrote a letter. No answer. I would never buy a State product again.

BobB

Kansas City, KS

"Do not buy a State Hot Water Heater"

I had a plumber install 2 State Hot Water Heaters on 8/28/2014. One of them failed (started leaking from the bottom) and had to be replaced on 4/16/2018…3 years and 8 months after installation. The second one failed last week (the same thing…began leaking from the bottom…4 Years and 7 months after the initial install). Although the hot water heaters were under a 6 year warranty, the labor cost of installing them is not. I have now paid $1268 to have hot waters heaters replaced that in my opinion should still be working. I called the customer service number and after a lengthy hold, was told that they do not cover labor on their products. I explained that no way both of them should have failed that quickly (the plumber agrees) but that fell on deaf ears. State Hot Water Heaters do not stand behind their products!! When these fail…and they probably will way before the warranty is over…I Will not be putting another one in my home.

Carol Jones

Lenexa, S

"Unhappy"

It's a piece of shit hot water tank don't even waste your time with it pilot light stays lit but main burners don't light call them to have to stay on hold 30 minutes then they still can't tell you what's wrong put it to the road went buy better name brand

Michael

Mamou

"Not pleased, won't stay lit"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

Won't stay lit and it won't stay heating up.

George Russell Burris

New Mexico

"Water heaters suck"

Do not buy their water heaters. My water heater rusted out in less than 2 years and they tell me it only had a 1 year warranty. But if I buy another one, it will have a 6 year warranty on it.

Dawn Couture