Shaver Wood Furnace Reviews

"Shaver wood furnace"

I bought the furnace in 2009 and had a problem with the blower and thermostat right off the bat. Now I have a leak. I called; no answer called for several days. Finally drove 3 hours to talk to them and found the factory with gates chained and locked up. They are no longer making them there, but I did get to talk to Ray. They wanted me to bring them the furnace. I went back home, and later tried to call to set time up for them to come get it. Guess what? No answer. These people are crooks and I would not recommend anyone to deal with them. I fixed my stove myself. They are trying to sell some kind of solar heating system now. Stay away, if you know what is good for you. If you ever do get to talk to, or email them, they just give you the run around. Sorry bunch.

Gary G.

Rector, AR

"DO NOT BUY a SHAVER !!"

I bought my Shaver in 2008. It sprung a leak. Pours in the ash pan like Niagara falls. I used water treatment continuously. I have gone through 2 grates already, the door never shut correctly since the purchase. You will never get a call back from these guys. I have left numerous messages. Do yourself a favor and do not buy from them. They are crooks!

Gary Calabrese

CT

"Poor Warranty"

Had a Shaver stove since 2008. Developed a leak, has always had treatment every year and tested their warranty sucks. Their customer service is worse, would never buy a Shaver.

s pierce

mo

"Furnace? what furnace?"

I would love to be writing about how great this furnace is and how warm it's keeping my home but, it never showed up! We ordered this furnace back in mid September with a furnace production date of September 25th and was told that it would be on the next truck up north November 1st. We expected our furnace to show up sometime last weekend. Nothing showed up!!!!!! My husband called on Monday and they of course give him the run around people not knowing a thing! Little did we know our stove had not even been in production yet… my husband gets a hold of Ben in the plant all he has to say is what my husband wants to hear. Someones on vacation and roads are closed blah blah blah! I am irritate because we have a new construction therefore have no heat other than this dinky heater because our stove was suppose to be here by now! Anyway my husband gets off the phone with an approximately time frame of right after Thanksgiving…. what??? Meanwhile we freeze? I myself called the company pissed off because I have three children that are living here as well and should not have to be cold! I got the same run around still 2 days later we are not even in production nor do they have our furnace on a route. They just told my husband on Monday all the details and still they have yet to have any concrete info on our furnace, that is paid for! I get a call back with an answer that it will be up this way by next weekend. How do I trust that answer? I am just so frustrated!!!!! As of right now I would not recommend this furnace just because of the customer service. Yeah nice people but, good talkers. If the furnace comes or not I will be sure to write my review of the actual furnace. Until then We will freeze here in the frigid tundra! If it is not here by next weekend we are taking our business somewhere else.

Vanessa K

Central Wisconsin

"My Wood Furnace is Impeccable!"

Somewhat Satisfied

I've owned my wood furnace for about one year. I like that it has proved to be very durable. I dislike though that sometimes it messes up when it raines. Not too bad though. I haven't had to replace it yet. Hopefully I won't have to. I would definitely recommend my furnace to my friends. In fact, my buddy just moved into a new house and he asked me what kind of wood furnace he should purchase. I told him to get the wood furnace I had because it was very durable and user friendly. He ended up getting another one, and now it is very clear to both of us that my wood furnace is quite a bit better than his.

Chapel Hill, NC