Shaver Wood Furnace Reviews

"Disappointed"

What good is Shaver's 20-year warranty if they don't call you back? I wish I would have seen these reviews first. We bought our stove 4 years ago and it leaks like a sieve. The door is only spot welded. Ray said send us new doors or get it welded, but when we call or email for an update, nothing. No answers, no return calls, no response. Time to call the Better Business Bureau, local Chamber of Commerce and our lawyer.

Dawn B

PA

"Unsatisfied customer"

I'm very unsatisfied with my Shaver wood furnace. You need to add water daily, there is condensation everywhere, it uses more wood than any other wood furnaces in my area, and it has a low heat exchange. I would not wish this stove on anyone. Stay away from these furnaces, is my advice.

R.Duncan

MO

"Absolute junk"

Last year with this pos. It has been a nightmare since we bought it 8 years ago. We could have bought another decent furnace with the money we've put into it. Heat output sucked, too.

Dale Hart

Upstate New York

"Run from Shaver"

I bought mine 7 years ago and it's been a nightmare since day one. If you have one of these, then you know about the crappy door over the roll of copper tube, the dime store thermostat, the poor workmanship throughout, and the fact that the flue pipe sticks out of the water in the water jacket, meaning it will rust completely through. I did have a couple of fair to good heat seasons after finding a forum with lots of good advice to help fix these turds. Billy in Arkansas and good ole Ben in North Carolina (you know them unless you went through a dealer) were right when they told me these are simple and easy to work on because that is life with Shaver. I did meet Billy in person, he's quite the salesman. What is worse, I bought 3 of these landmines. One for myself, one for a close friend and, as it turned out, one for my youngest son. I feel sad to know that their Shaver masterpieces are a ticking time bombs waiting to blow up. If you own one please inspect it as best you can, but sadly, the places where these things rust are impossible to inspect. I intend to cut the firebox (the only good thing about them) out of its rust bucket water jacket and put it in a section of a 1000 gallon propane tank, 3/8 thick. Once again, run – do not walk – from anyone trying to sell you one of these poor imitations of a wood boiler.

John Mcalister

Southern Indiana

"Satisfied customer"

We bought our wood stove furnace around 2011 and we love our stove. We use our stove all year round; we keep it going for the water. Our service man is the greatest, Greg Steinacher. He is always there to answer any questions we may have and he ensures we get the best use out of our furnace. We were on propane, and we have already saved our money back, plus more. I would recommend this furnace to anyone who would want wood heat. We absolutely love ours and wouldn't go without one.

Susie McClintock