Sears Air Conditioner Reviews

"Will not trust Sears name again"

We purchased a very nice and expensive Sears central AC unit since we trusted the Sears name versus other companies. It cost more but we thought we were purchasing a guarantee with the Sears name. About 3 months after the install, our new AC unit caused water to back up into our air ducts and part of our CEILING COLLAPSED! We had water damage and had to replace carpeting, hardwood, the ceiling, lighting,and the chandelier. We were out of our home for 2 months while they attempted to put it back into its original condition. It has now been over a year since the incident and we are still trying to have someone take responsibility for the AC unit malfunction. Sears blames the installer (by the way, Sears contracts their AC installation to outside contractors so Sears does not take responsibility for their work!!! What is the difference between installing through Sears if they do not even do the work? We might as well install through another company then!) and the installer of course does not take responsibility. So no one is paying for the incident. We have had to deal with this ourselves. Unbelievable. We are extremely disappointed with the way Sears handled this and will NEVER purchase a Sears item again. No wonder the company is not doing well anymore. We cannot trust the Sears name if they do not take responsibility for their product or work.

Kim

Atlanta, GA

"Please protect your self."

I have had my unit not even two years and have had constant problems. Sears will not stand by there work.

G. Wise

columbia, sc

"DON'T BUY AC FROM SEARS"

Hottest time of the summer; two weeks without air conditioning; three technicians from Sears have been to my home and determined I need a new ac. it cannot be fixed. Still waiting after hours on the phone with 13 different representatives (all of whom do not know who is on first base) and tell me there is no documentation yet and might take at least another week. I will never purchase from Sears again.

Carol Heckelmann

"Nightmare, stay awat from SEARS!!"

Our problems began before the unit was ever installed. After a very thorough 3 hour demo from a Sears consultant, my wife and I decided to go with the complete 10k pkg with full lifetime warranty. Three days pass in the sweltering 100 degree plus heat with no contact from anyone about our unit. Our calls went unanswered so we sent notices via email to all persons involved to cancel our order: from distict gm down to project mgr. Literally, and I mean literally, 2 minutes later we got a call from the Project mgr. stating he had just received our email and knew nothing about the order…really? How did they have our home phone number then? Stay away from Sears! [email protected] for more info

R. Odom

"Sears installed Carrier central A/C"

Sears installed a Carrier central air conditioner in my house in 2007. In 2008, it wasn't working properly and needed repair. In 2009, it wasn't working and needed repair several times. Now, it's 2010 and it isn't working again. Definitely would not recommend to a friend. The problem is that it won't cool long enough to drop the temperature more than 1 or 2 degrees. Then it stops producing cool air. It's a 4 ton unit and my house is only a 2300 sq ft colonial.

David Segesta