Sears Air Conditioner Reviews

"They put the CUSS is customer service"

I scheduled to have a Sears hvac Pro come to our house for an inspection to determine why our ac unit wasn't working. I scheduled a visit between 8-12 in the morning and had my mother come over to help with the baby so I could assist him if needed. He never showed up or even called for the whole 4 hours! We went to the park to get some fresh air and returned to find a "Sorry I missed you" tag on the door, timestamped 12:20. I decided to not go with Sears and called a different company. The next morning I am in the middle of nursing my baby and get a phone call from the Sears guy saying he is en route to my house?! I told him to forget it, I did not request with Sears for him to return so why was he just randomly showing up at my house? He had no answer and I hung up. If I cannot even get someone from Sears at my house in a professional manner, I can just imagine what kind of job they'd do. Ugh!

H. Helman

Sacramento, CA

"My Air Conditioner"

I have had my Sears Air Conditioner for about 10 years now and I have I love it! It is been amazing to me and my family. We use it all year around with the exception of winter of course. It makes our house cool down within 15 minutes of turning it on which is a huge plus. Also, it is very specific about what tempature it makes it if we say 72 it goes to 72. It has almost never failed besides when I dropped a hammer on it. The only thing I dislike is the size of it. It makes it tough to move if need be. I repaired it once, because I dropped my hammer on it leaving a huge dent in it. The Sears people were so nice they came out within a day and fixed it very cheap. I would recommend this to anyone who needs air.

Detroit, MI

"Nightmare"

Sears installed mis-matched coil and air handlers as they apparently under bid the cost of the central ac system for my house, then couldn't fit the correct size unit in my attic. Without telling me, they installed mismatched (4 ton coil; 3.5 ton air handler); later installed freeze stat switch when system wouldn't work; needed visit from the electrical inspector to find out what they had been up to. Paid for system and extended warranty which was never honored. They walked away from train wreck. Needs to be completely replaced.

Joe

Peabody, MA

"Best Quality For The $"

I bought a Kenmore 17 SEER a/c to replace a Trane that was only 6 years old but was apparently dead (Trane uses aluminum coils, so the tech said — aluminum can't be soldered) and couldn't be fixed for under $2000. When the Sears salesman came out he didn't try to sell me the most expensive system, but the one that best met my needs. He did a load calculation to determine the size a/c I need and recommended some ductwork fixes. In the end I spent about 10% more than other contractors but I got a great system that is much cheaper to run than my Trane was! And the ductwork fixes mean my bedroom is now as cool as the rest of the house. I would highly recommend Sears and will use them again for other home improvements.

C. Huberfeld

Philadelphia, PA

"SLOPPY TECHNICIANS"

After finally installing my AC unit and other equipment up to code in my utility room, the installers left the room filthy. There was black soot all over the room and pieces of materials left by installers. Installers also walked through my house and left black soot on my carpets and in my bathroom. Didn't even bother to try to clean up. Never again will I use Sears or their installers.

Carol Heckelmann