Sears Air Conditioner Reviews

"If You Value Your Sanity Stay Away From Sears"

Although this incident happened during my deployment, it was in 2006 when I had Sears install this lg piece of junk. To make a long story short, it stopped working 2006 to 2010. So I finally had threaten Sears with a lawsuit for them to replace it with Mitsubishi model which works well. I also got assistance from one the managers who serve in Iraq with me. He made the call to take that junk out of my house.

Tyrone Trebble

"Run…Run Away as fast as you can!!!"

You will be sorry if you buy from Sears. The salesperson Bob A. Who deals with Staten Island is a big phony. He's your best friend till the deal is made then you will never hear from him again. The installer (Bella Air Conditioning)installed it wrong, Sears wanted them to come back and review it, after many phone calls to corporate office they sent another company, who had to fix it. I called customer service because my unit which was over 11k didn't come with a filter. Are you kidding me?? A filter?? Really??? Sears said they would send one out…..20 days later no filter. Just called back, no record of first phone call. Simply the worst!!!

Shea1031

Staten Island

"Bad Company"

Sears is the worst company to buy and to have services, they always make appointments so far in the month that if it is excessively hot or cold you will be dead by the time they come to your house and they charge double compared to other companies that it will come to your house the same day or next day. The same in buying a new system they charge double the amount that anybody else and they do a bad job that breaks after a year of purchase, I recommend everybody to never buy anything from Sears they are a ripoff, everything falls apart after a year of purchase, when you call to ask for them to fix the problem they make you wait in the phone for a long time and they transfer you for line to line to tell you they are not going to fix the problem.

Tamiko

"18 Month interest free central air promotion"

Beware of the "return visit" from Sears. First they give you an inflated price on the first visit, then call you with an offer for a big discount if you let them come back for a 2nd visit…the catch is they will not offer you the 18 months interest free on the new discounted price.

j. smith

York, PA

"Horrible a/c unit and repair service"

I am renting a house that has an older central a/c unit that has broken down literally 10 times in the 2 years I've lived here. It's under warranty and I suppose they don't want to replace the unit, so Sears continues to come out and fix it when I call, but then it seems to break down again. 3 times it broke within a week of being so called fixed and it's never worked more than a month straight during the hot months without requiring a tech to come fix it. This year it stopped working, so I called and they told me they'd be out after a 4 day wait, but then when no one showed on said date they lied and said the apt was for the next day. When that day (today) came I made sure to call them to assure myself that a tech was actually coming and they confirmed he'd be here, then later in the evening they called to tell me that the tech had left for the day and I have to wait 2 more days to have a/c in the 100 degree weather I'm in! The techs don't keep appointments, the people they hire to run the phones are mentally slow and can't get my name right (3 different customer reps have asked me who they are speaking with and I tell them Michael F. About 20 seconds later they call me Mr. Hunt who's the owner of the warranty lol.)let alone set a repair appointment. I will never buy anything from Sears again they have the worst customer service ever coupled with poor products that they refuse to replace.

Mike F.