Sears Air Conditioner Reviews

"Would never use again and will never recommend"

Bought an AC unit. They requested we pay in full before installation. The system never worked. Have been trying to fix it for the last 6 months. They send low quality techs who spend the whole day without being able to figure out what's wrong. Incredibly low quality and poor service!

W. Saber

Southboroug, MA

"A Review Of My Central Air Conditioner"

Somewhat Satisfied

How long you've owned your air conditioner: For approximately 6 years. What you like about it: I live in California so central air is a must. It cools the entire house, instead of having to settle for a portable fan or a ceiling fan that is restricted to just one room. What you dislike about it: I do not like how long it takes to actually kick in and start cooling. First a little fan comes on, not sure what it's doing, then about 7 minutes later the full system kicks in and starts cooling. I would like to start cooling the minute I turn it on. If you have ever had to repair or replace it — why did it need to be repaired, after how many years, how the repair went, etc.: I installed this one because the last one we had eventually gave out. The last one was the original one that came with the house when built and purchased in the 1970's. Would you buy the same brand again or recommend it to a friend? I would buy the same brand. Sears is always good, but not the same model since it does not kick in and start to cool the house right away.

California

"Nightmare AC system with Sears"

Do not ever use Sears to install a central air conditioner system. From the moment it was installed, it has not been working. They refuse to change it. System costs us more than $5000. We may be forced to take them to court. The thermostat reading does not go beyond 80. We are very upset. I wish my husband had read these reviews before contracting them.

Linda Paulin

Manalapan, NJ

"Poor Service"

I posted a complaint on several website and some asked if I would like someone to call me about the issue. I said yes and I have not heard from a single person.

SVJ

"What a JOKE!!!"

I was expecting more of Sears. The man who visited my home thought we were fools who would fall for their PowerPoint presentation on why Sears is the best. Just like Home Depot's clowns. Then he finally went ahead and calculated what we needed for our house and proceeded to quote us 3 times the amount we were quoted from other contractors! Then they call me the next day and they want to come waste my time again to give a more "aggressive" price. The answer was no!! Last time I deal with Sears…

Dude