Ruud Furnace Reviews

"Very warm and quick working, while being efficient."

I've owned the furnace I have for a bit over two years. I like that it is efficient and low maintenance. I have a fairly large house and it is able to warm the entire building quickly. Additionally, the Ruud U802V is very quiet. I had a Ruud furnace that died after about 25 years, however, I was confident in the Ruud brand when it came time for a replacement. The original did not ever require servicing which played a large factor in my recent purchase. I'm not technical enough to fully understand, or explain why the first one failed, but I've had not issues with the replacement. I would not have any problems recommending the Ruud U802V to a friend or family member. The reliability across the two devices makes me more than comfortable with providing such a recommendation to really anybody. For me a reliable furnace is one that works when you need it and requires no further thought the rest of the time.

Pittsburgh, PA

"Won't ignite"

Furnace installed 2011 by ******** Heating and have to pull rubber hoses off every two weeks or so, then reinstall them to get it to work (maybe). Was told by them it has a one-year warranty but have learned since it has 5 years from the factory but can't find anyone to work on it. Being a senior citizen, I have little money to throw away and am very sorry I bought the furnace. Will never buy another nor use ******** Plumbing and Heating from Birch Run, Michigan.

Brian Hartley

Montrose, MI

"Requires repair every year"

Purchased this in 2008 and every year since we have required a service because the unit has stopped working. We have the unit inspected every year in the fall yet every year by January it requires repair – the only saving grace is we purchased an extended warranty so thus far the repair calls have been without charge. Ruud used to have a good name but frankly I wouldn't buy another of their products period.

R Clark

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

"Review of My Furnace"

I am very satisfied with my Ruud furnace. I had the unit installed 3 years ago after my older unit was leaking water. The heating guy recommended the furnace and I've been happy with it ever since. The unit provides us with plenty of heat without the large heating bill. The unit is in our basement and takes up very little space. We do not have a garage and store most things in the basement. A family member runs a gas company and told us Ruud makes a reliable furnace and a great price. I don't know a lot about furnaces but I really have no complaints at all to report. The guy installed the unit in one day and we've been getting plenty of heat ever since. The winters here on Long Island can get very cold and so far we've been warm and cozy the past 3 winters. We have not needed a repair as it's only been 3 years but I would recommend the furnace to anyone that asked.

Kings Park NY

"Problem after problem"

If I had the money I would remove this and buy something else. We have frozen in the winter too many times. First it was a circuit board. Then the flame sensors like 3 times. Then a poor design where bugs get in the hose that it drips out of, that caused water to back up and put out the flame. Now it was white crud in the inducer that the guy said was a common thing. I came from a house where the furnace was not touched for 15 years, then my house was good for 6 years. I get this one and I am heatless and I see the repair guy more than my grandparents. My old furnace was fine, only after they installed this one did they realize wires were exposed and turning it off as well as the one they just installed.

chris smith