Ruud Furnace Reviews

""

I am on my second Rudd Furnace in 2 years. The heat exchanger keeps getting plugged up. It is still under warranty but now they are blaming it on bad propane. Nobody can figure out why it keeps doing this.

K. Lewis

"Garbage"

Had this new Ruud furnace put in 15 years ago and has had to have maintenance every year. Left my family in the cold every single winter at least once minimum. Have had service techs in that say they got it fixed and before they even get back to start making there big bill out I'm freezing my ass off. Southern Alberta dealer from picture butte swore it would be a good furnace but he's probably making a big commission to sell them cause there had never been any warranty or nothing. Wish I woulda bought a Lennox.

Mike

Turin

"Blows cold on start up"

Had a new Ruud furnace installed in Dec. 2018, it replaced a furnace that was 18 years old (another brand).The installer said Ruud was a good furnace, wish I didn't listen to him. When the furnace calls for heat the burners kick on for 20-22 seconds and then the blower kicks on and blows cold air for about 30 seconds before heat comes out of the registers. I was told by Ruud's technical personnel that this is normal and nothing can be adjusted to stop it. Why would a furnace be set up to blow cold air before it heats up? There should be more time for the burners to heat up the heat exchanger before the blower kicks on. Ruud said that there is nothing they can do!! Do not buy a Ruud furnace

henry koch

Boardman, OH

"Piece of Crap"

God. Awful unit. Bought in 2015. Coil rusted from. Inside out. Leaked freon. Got coil replaced. Now heater has broke down. 3 x this winter and. Last winter also. Save your money. Should have kept my old unit.

Frank j

Chalfont, PA

"10 years and running great!"

We have had our dual system (meaning 2 furnaces with separate zones for upstairs and down) for over ten years and have not had a single issue. We do have them tuned up every fall but not a single repair has been needed. And we live in Wisconsin so you know it runs quite often in the months of October – April. I would definitely buy a RUUD again.

Carol C