Ruud Air Conditioner Reviews

"coil issue"

After 2 years of use the coil is leaking and the service rep said he has replaced many coils. They have changed from copper lined to aluminum lined for the replacements. The same thing happened to my mother's unit bought at the same time but only used for a month. They obviously have issues with the coils and should have a recall. We have been waiting since the end of July for the unit to be serviced and new coil installed and are still waiting for delivery of a new coil.

James Tarbet

Brantford Ontario, Canada

"Rudd issues"

Total mistake going with Rudd. Spent 12,000 on 2 units in 2012. Both have failed. Corroded coils on both. $1000.00 in labor charges, per system, to replace coils on each. 2Nd still isn't working. Creating so much humidity the ducts are full of mold. Wife, myself, and 2 kids have been sickly for 12 months now. All in all, my worse nightmare. Do not buy Rudd!

Guy Ackerman

Charleston, SC

"Piece of crap"

Condenser condenser unit rusting after 1 1/2 years. Had to replace fan motor (rusted and burnt the coil out ). Still under warranty but Rudd service rep wanted $ 450. To install it. Rudd won't send me the warranted motor will only send to a service rep. Can't get a sales rep out to look at the rusting. Compressor is rusting and will probably be the next thing to go. How can a unit that is rated for outside use rust to a point of deterioration that the motor falls apart. Buyer beware don't buy Rudd or Rheem same company. Units are no good and company won't come and look at it.

Steven Moore

Port Charlotte, FL

"Don't buy this one"

Worthless piece of crap I had to buy a window air conditioner to keep cool.

annette laxen

Minnesota

"Garbage"

My 3 year old unit had to have the coil replaced. Four pounds of Freon to the tune of $300 leaked out through the defective solder around the coils. Then my copper coil was replaced with an aluminum coil. Piece of garbage. There has to be a better made unit.

Debra