Ruud Air Conditioner Reviews

"UNRELIABLE LEAKY UNIT"

Home a/c unit model number vanl 049jaz, serial number 784 2w100902531. We live in a gated community, about 8 years old. 4 of my close neighbors all the Ruud units leak coolant. The leaks started small then became overwhelming. Ruud refused to do anything about my unit, because it passed warranty date. The coils in all of the units appear to have leaks. Currently my unit required 5 pounds of fluid just to start up and then 2 months later 5 # more just to operate. The fan and compressor are noisy and appear to be failing as well. Don't buy a Ruud system!

WILLIAM DIANA

Norristown, PA

"JUNK"

Purchase a new Rudd ac and heat pump after 6 months starting having all kinds of problem parts after parts over and over told the company replace the unit and they did now after 4 months same issues call the company again have not received any response. this two units that has been installed makes such a loud nose you can wake the neighborhood up junk junk junk.

SCOTTY COTTRELL

Tennessee

"Ruud = JUNK"

Unit less than 5 years old, have replaced nearly everything at least once. Cheap Mexican parts. Garbage units. Do not buy. Buy Trane or American Standard. Will never buy a Ruud again and will tell people to avoid the rest of my life.

MSmith

Nashville, TN

"Evaporator coil leak"

05/07/13 New 2 ton 13 seer Air Handler and Condensing Unit installed by authorized Rudd Dealer. 11/25/16 Leak in evaporator coil found. 12/13/16 Coil replaced under warranty. Paid $667.00 in labor & misc. fees to have it installed. 12/18/16 Leak in evaporator coil found again. Coil under warranty. $685.00 for labor to replace.

Glen

Cocoa, Florida

"Beyond disappointed"

15 months later I need to have a part fixed that with labor (labor intensive I am told) will cost me $750.00 to repair…its 15 months old. I upgraded to a new system to replace an older working fine unit. My mistake to purchase this one.

Phyllis