Ruud Air Conditioner Reviews

"Terrible!"

Installed a home central a/c system after being flooded by Super Storm Sandy. A company that installed the unit (and recommended Rudd) is no longer in business. I'm now out of warranty by a few months and Rudd refuses to do anything to help. The system began having trouble within two years of install and installation company stood by their work and repaired as needed. Now they have gone out of business and I'm stuck with faulty/leaking equipment and a company who refuses to stand by their product! Do Not Purchase Rudd Products!

S. Rebholz

Long Island, NY

"Very unsatisfied"

I am very disappointed in the a/c unit I received from them. The motor broke. They said if it was less than 5 year parts warranty it would've been included, but since it's 6 years, it's not covered. And so much for their 10 year warranty, because apparently I need to fill out something extra for that and keep a record of it in case it breaks. Their customer service was not helpful and said it was my fault for not registering within that window. I believe I did register but since I don't have proof there is nothing to be done. How is this good customer service to blame the customer? If you really stood behind your 10 year warranty, would you truly stand behind it? They know I bought the product…It just doesn't make sense.

lauren

Miami, FL

"Worst Unit we ever bought!!!!😠"

Never ever buy a rudd!!! They are nothing but trouble!!! You have to babysit and watch it all the time to make sure it's doing its job and ain't running on emergency heat and running your electric bill sky high!! Its runs very loud! My pressure switch went out, the fan motor, the relay switch, wires burned into and now the biggest part the compressor and it's just now three years old!! Sitting in my house waiting for it to be fixed and that will take a week for the compressor to come in!! It is cold in my house with only one heater going!!!!UGH… After that gets fixed what will be the next thing to tear up, the repair guy said probably the coil another big ticket item! Don't Buy a rudd……

Delores

Tennessee

"Ruud AC units"

My unit is 2 years old and after the second year, it leaked all the Freon out. So I called the company that put it in and they could not find the leak and wanted to do a leak test for $1,100. I called another company and they said it was the evaporator coil and the coil was under warranty, so I didn't have to pay for it, but it was replaced for $600 labor. A month later, all the Freon was gone. Hot as hell in Texas summer, so I called the company that put it in and they could not find the leak either. They told me it was the line in my outside wall, where the copper line goes and it must be where the leak is. Tried to schedule a leak test, but they didn't want to do it, so I contacted another company and they came out and leak-tested everything. Only charged $450. The leak was in the brand new evaporator coil. They suggested I not replace it with the Ruud, even though it was under warranty, because I would have the same thing all over again. They suggested putting in an American Standard brand evaporator coil and new plenum, another $1,700. So the moral of the story is do not purchase a Ruud ac. Pure junk.

Gary

Texas

"Only 7 months old and needs a new motor"

We had a new Ruud central ac unit installed in January of 2018. It was only used beginning in May of the this year. After 3 months of use, it stopped working. The repair guy says it needs a new motor. Why does a new unit, in use for only a few months, need a replacement motor already? Are the components junk, or are the assemblers morons? Or is it a bit of both?

T Parr