Richmond Water heater Reviews

"Never Richmond Again"

Tank went bad right at 1 year and 2 weeks. Warranty covered parts only after a year. My plumber said that the unit was bad within an hour of arriving. We called the manufacturer and told them the issue. They decided to send us several other parts to try first. None of these fixed it. After finally replacing all 6 different parts they said the unit was bad. This was after my plumber had to charge me for coming out 7 different times. The plumber was right from the start. Richmond said I was just out of luck even though they were wrong on the parts.

Never Richmond Again

St Louis

"Personal"

Somewhat Unsatisfied

I purchased the product from Menards and out of the box the did not function. Waiting on a part and a technician to come out to repair. Once opened the manufacturer did not want you to return the unit to the place of purchase as I assume to many are or have been returned in the past? I have been without hot water for almost a week and if this was for my property, I would have to be giving a break on the rent for the inconvenience.

Willie Chatman

Illinois

"Awesome water heater 30 years of service"

I installed this Richmond water heater in my house when I built it nearly 30 years ago. It has never required service and has never been drained. Original anode. Has worked flawlessly. I have never had to think about a water heater for nearly 30 years. It is still working but some corrosion on the top has me concerned. Time to replace now. I wish I could find the exact same model.

Ed Downs

Nevada County, CA

"Under warranty"

I did have trouble contacting their warranty department as it had changed from the original date of purchase. After finding the updated warranty contact number online, I contacted their warranty depart by phone and talk to them about the failure. Our water heater's internal tank had failed in a slow leak. The company issued a full warranty claim, at that time I asked their representative about a substitute for the exact model. I was told I could upgrade and pay any additional cost above the current model number which would also allow a full extension of the warranty. This was due to the fact of not having the receipt for the purchase. The manufacture date was on the water heater which was 11.5 years old. I then looked online at Menards to confirm the model. That model was a special order, so I found a similar model that was in stock at a local Menards that had a few updates for higher energy efficiency and at the same price. When I got to Menards I was able to purchase the water heater with the extended warranty including installation. I am happy with the replacement water heater, which is also higher energy efficiency and first-hour rating. I would purchase from this company again in the future. I also have a maintenance plan in place to help maintain the water heater's efficiency and help prolong its life.

Ben Neil

Iowa

"Deceiving description"

Very disappointed in this water heater. The description is deceiving and the unit will not keep up with a household of 1. Can only take a warm shower of about 15mins water heater set at about 130-140 degrees. Still takes 15/20 mins to recover.

Steven