Rheem Furnace User Reviews | FurnaceCompare®

Rheem Furnace Reviews

"Two-stage variable 96%"

Quiet, efficient, nice looking furnace.

Matthew James

Cleveland, OH

"35+ Years Performance on Same Ole Furnace"

I had an old olive green Rheem furnace unit that came with house when house was new construction back in the 70's, and it recently retired after 35+ years of great warm service. In fact at the time of retirement, the furnace mechanicals were all working, but the metal cabinet housing finally rusted beyond repair. What a long lasting unit that was set it and forget it, leave it alone!!!! On a side note, also have a Rheem water heater unit, is about 10+ years old and just as good as day one. Would buy again??? Oh yeah!!

J Lee

E Windsor, NJ

"58 Years Old!!!"

My parents bought their house in 1978. The house itself was built in 1955 and had a Rheem natural gas furnace installed in its construction. Well, they just got around to replacing the furnace a few days ago (with another Rheem furnace) and that original furnace from 1955 was still running right up till the moment they replaced it! 58 years of dependable service, now that's what I call quality! Certainly, never thought a furnace would last 58 years! But then again, I guess it did, didn't it?

Jack McGowan

Anaheim, CA

"The Worst"

Had a Rheem furnace/AC system installed for my condominium and it has the poorest efficiency and noisier operation I've ever seen. The noise is unbearable. Avoid this brand at all.

Alejandro

Central New Jersey

"Pretty Darn Good Furnace"

The heat exchanged developed a leak after about 8 years and the company replaced it. It is still running good after 28 years. Other than putting in a new ignitor every few years, I haven't had any problems with it.

M Perino