Rheem Furnace User Reviews | FurnaceCompare®

Rheem Furnace Reviews

"My review of my heater"

Somewhat Satisfied

I have owned this furnace since 2013. I like that it is quiet and it seems to be fairly efficient. It effectively and efficiently heats my entire home evenly. I have never had to repair or replace this unit. I would recommend this unit to a friend because I think the negatives I see with it are more to do with the current configuration of my home than anything to do with the heating unit. The only negatives would be that there seems to be more than usual heat loss out of some windows and doors. A big factor in my positive review of my Rheem heating unit is that it is quiet. Living in central Illinois means cold winters and over the past few years it seems like we have had quite a few cold or very cold days, although this year was more mild. The unit I have in my home is always able to keep up while my utility bills stay manageable.

Springfield, IL

"Effective but noisy"

Somewhat Satisfied

This furnace is much more fuel-efficient than my former one. The only drawback is that its fan makes a lot of noise.

Denver, CO

"Average furnace for a three bedroom home in the desert."

I've had this Rheem brand furnace since I moved into my home 8 years ago. I love this furnace because I have never had a single issue with it. The furnace came with the house and in the 8 years I've been living here, it's worked perfectly every single day. I honestly can't say I have anything I dislike about it since I've never had reason too. When my father moved into his new home, we replaced the furnace that came with the home, with the exact same one I have in my house. The Rheem 21V50-2 is a solid, and reliable furnace.

Tucson, AZ

"A workhorse of a furnace"

This is a wonderful furnace! It has been in our house since 2009 (6 years) and works quite well and is extremely efficient. We have really noticed a difference in our gas bills since using this new furnace compared to the older one we used to own. We get this serviced once a year and the service guys always comment about it being the Rolls Royce of furnaces. It is very quiet when kicking on and off and has a great control panel that lets us program it with ease. It is a sizable unit so if space is an issue, this might not be the product for you. We have a 2200 square foot house and it does the job well. We would definitely recommend this furnace to others!

Pittsburgh, PA

"Rheem High Efficiency completely satisfies"

I have owned my furnace for four years now and the previous owner purchased it in 1990. It is a Rheem high efficiency model and it has never, in the time since he purchased it, broken down in any way. It provides sufficient heating for our three-level home and our electricity bills are always surprisingly low. It is also pretty quiet and unnoticeable when it is running. In our last house, the furnace only put our lukewarm air and couldn't heat the whole house, even though it was only 750 square feet. The first winter we spent in this house with the Rheem furnace, we were in heaven. Not only did it put out nice, warm air, but it wasn't just in certain parts of the house. We have a basement and two levels to heat, significantly more than our other house but it still works great! Pretty much everything you would want out of a furnace, this model has provided.

Troy, IL