Rheem Air Conditioner Reviews

"Junk!"

Had reverse valve go out twice in 2 years under warranty and still cost 1100$ each time. Do not buy any products from this company

Mike

Wilmington, NC

"Say No To Rheem"

We had 2 Rheem units installed during our home construction. In 3 1/2 years both units have gone out with leaking coils. Luckily the 1st unit was completely covered due to the time frame the unit stopped cooling. The 2nd unit has cost me over $850.00. I messaged Rheem but did not receive a response. After reading numerous reviews and statements from the company, I realize I will get the same response as all of the others, "Rheem will cover the failed part under warranty but everything else is between the consumer and the installer". Rheem will not completely back their products because maybe they know they have an unreliable product. The only way to stop a company like this is to put them out of business, so don't make the same mistake I did, look at the reviews prior to buying a unit and go with a different company.

C.Young

Vinemont, Al

"Absolute POS Lemon"

Spent $8,000 for a brand new ac 3 years ago. Have had constant issues from day one, including leaks and loss of refrigeration/coolant. They will not honor the warranty at all. The ac company I contracted with will not help me at all, as their Rheem rep here in St. Pete has told them that Rheem does not pay back vendors 9 out of ten times. So, I am stuck with an absolute lemon, don't have heating/AC, and can't afford to have another ac installed. I'm up Feces Creek with multiple holes in the boat, and no paddles. Rheem is the absolute worst company and totally without a conscience, morals, ethics or common decency to stand behind their horrible product and do the right thing for their unfortunate customers.

A. Abbott

St. Petersburg, FL

"Shipping"

This is the worst company ever. Please no one waste their time ordering from them. Takes forever to ship your unit and when it comes, everything is not shipped together. This place put the damn shipment on different trucks. Horrible company! You will definitely hate that you ordered from them.

R. Haynes

Montgomery, AL

"Failed installation contract"

Sears sold my wife an $8,000 central air system. Inspected by them, the crew then came and informed my wife they (the install crew) couldn't fulfill the fully paid contract. Don't trust Sears.

Warren Lindner