Reliance Water heater Reviews

"Beware!"

Purchased water heater to replace a 16-year-old State water heater. The unit came with one stripped dielectric connection. Replaced with one from the factory. The unit was overfilled with foam causing the interior steel tank to be unbalanced and moving like a rocking chair. Was an extreme safety hazard. Awaiting a warranty replacement, because Ace Hardware has a 30-day return policy. Hope the replacement will last at least for a while. Made in Johnson City, Tennessee but the company I out of Mumbai, India. Beware!

C. Rigoloso

Caliente, NV

"Worthless"

The water heater is 4 months old and. Has quit working they told me to check this and that I didn't sign up to be repairman we spent Christmas with every little hot water I had three of my kids in with my grandkids. And still can't get it replaced so if anyone is going to buy a reliant water heater don't do it

Gilbert

Texas

"Scam-company"

Our Reliance water heater has to be unplugged and plugged back in, every day. Because it just shuts off on its own every day. That started after having it for 3-4 years. Now it leaks too, after 6 years. Customer service was horrible. Would not send me the info I asked for.

A.B.

Ontario, Canada

"Horrible"

I have a saved receipt proving this Reliance water heater was purchased 3 years ago and they won't honor the supposed 6 year warranty. This shouldn't leak after 3 short years whether my water is soft or not. I will never purchase another Reliance product again

Jonessa

Bethalto, IL

"WORTHLESS"

I purchased the Reliance 40 gallon electric heater and when I got it installed, I discovered that it was dead on arrival. (I had to drive 38 miles to get it from the store), and after 5 hours of trying to resolve the problem, I took it out and boxed it back up. I contacted Customer Support at Reliance and they told me that they would not honor the warranty on it due to not being hard wired into the breaker box. Our home has been thoroughly inspected by our country electrical inspector and found that our home met all qualifications, including our water heater hookup. But, Reliance could care less about this fact and blatantly refused to issue me a Return Authorization Form so that I could take it back where I purchased it. My advice to anyone who needs to replace their water heater, stay away from all reliance products!! Their customer service will find any excuse they can to keep from honoring their warranties.

Larry Van Syoc