Pro-Fab Wood Furnace Reviews

"Profab 175"

Nothing but problems: from crappy fans made in Mexico, to design problems associated with same, to several leaks in fire tubes. Ran fairly well for a year, then a leak developed. Called Profab and they wished me luck, not their problem and no solution given. Repaired leak to have a second develop in the same place in another tube and repaired same, only to have a 3rd develop in the same place in another tube. Unfortunately I purchased another boiler prior to the leak issue started as I would not purchase another nor would I recommend anyone else purchase another…basically 15 thousand dollars of crap metal. It worked well when it was working! Also near impossible to clean properly in the vertical tubes. All parts are overpriced as I purchased a few thousand dollars worth of this crap to have on hand in case of failure. I never figured the stove tubes would start to rot in slightly over a year, and I did treat the water with boiler additive. Never buy this crap.

JOHN KILLEN

South Central Kentucky

"Model 450"

Have had only several electrical problems which I consider normal for the time of usage. I have burned all types of wood products including skids. It heats my house, garage, and 30' by 50' shop. The box that the chimney sits on has a clean out and is getting pretty bad. But after 10 years of a lot of use I would expect that. I am very satisfied with this product.

Richard Wolfrath

Wisconsin

"Expensive garbage!"

Bought a new Cozeburn 450 shaker grate (Pro Fab Industries) in 2009. In 2012, the chimney cleanout was rotted to the point that the chimney was at risk of falling through. Now this year (2016) the inside of the firebox door has rotted to the point that the steel which holds the insulation panels in place is ready to fall off. Tried going through Pro Fab's warranty department and got nowhere, but they were happy to charge me $460.00 for a new door. Junk, junk, junk.

Chad

Venus, PA

Worst stove ever! We have the Profab Elite 100. We have owned this stove for 4 years, here is the list of things we have had to replace: the door because the latch broke off, the fire brick because it fell apart and a huge hole developed, the blower because the bearings went out, we actually got a new stove under warranty because it developed a massive leak in the gasification tubes. Now we are trying to get it replaced again because there is a massive leak in the fire box and we can't use it at all! Customer service is the worst and they told us we could buy an upgrade for $1900.00, after I have already given them $7600 4 years ago. Won't return phone calls, the dealer we bought it from won't return phone calls, so here we sit with a $7600.00 piece of crap! Do not buy one of these stoves!

D. Parker

Lowell, MI

"Pro 200"

After 2 years of use, the door failed on the top where the pin rides to close the top plate. After contacting Profab I was told to take the door to a welding shop to have it repaired, even though there is an updated door available.Why do they expect the customer to repair an obvious design flaw? It seems they do not stand behind their products. The dealer I purchased it from does not respond to any form of communication. So bottom line is, beware when purchasing a wood boiler. I wish I had done more research before getting this boiler.

Nelson Nash